let me show you my darkness

PAIRING: darth vader x slave!reader

SUMMARY: Everybody knew Anakin Skywalker perished in Mustafar. Only a select few knew of his presence. The Emperor, Obi-Wan Kenobi... and now you.

You remember Anakin as your mischievous childhood friend, the fierce golden boy in your youth

You remember Anakin as your mischievous childhood friend, the fierce golden boy in your youth. He would always protect you against other mean slaves, teasing you of your inability to speak properly. But he's gone now, taken by an old man in a poncho. Anakin tells you that he's going to be a Jedi and someday, he would absolve you of your status as a slave.

But he never returned home. You were sold to another planet– working tirelessly day and night at an outpost in Mapuzo, forgetting about the promise of a sunny boy, leaving behind your dreams of ever escaping from this life. It is in Mapuzo that you were wedded to a fellow worker. He is kind, understanding, and everything you ever wanted in a husband. You bore him a son, and a daughter soon after when a new power arose, stealing everything you've ever worked hard for.

Your husband died trying to protect your family as best he can but he was just a slave. He had no power over the Stormtroopers intent to steal your lands– to enslave you once more under an iron fist. You cared for your children, persevering without your husband by your side.

And then the peace and order of your small settlement explode in chaos. A whole battalion of stormtroopers infiltrated your settlement and the Inquisitors in their fearful gleaming ensemble appears, waiting and prostrating themselves.

Your son pulls you behind him, his trembling hands gripping his father's hammer. Your youngest daughter whimpers underneath your embrace, flooded with anxiety over the sudden appearance of the Empire's infamous militia. Soon a dense tension fills the air as a tall droid– no, a man marches, the heavy footfalls of his boots cause a chill to run down your spine.

It raises a fist and you watch as one of your neighbors levitates in the air, hands clawing at her neck, at the invisible leash wrapped around her neck. It never stops until her face turns into an ugly shade of blue and violet.

And then...

And then he takes your son with his force.

You can't move, fearful of the twin abyss staring deep in your soul then he looks away, scanning the hush settlement.

"Mo..the..r–" Your son croaks, "I lo–"

The machine breaks his neck. You watch as he crumples on the floor, your whole world falling, crumbling before your very eyes. It makes a move to take your daughter–

You step forward, picking your husband's hammer to throw it at its head. The settlement grows quieter–

"Y/N?" Comes a choked gasp from the machine.

"Stay away from me, you monster!" You shriek, pushing your daughter back inside your home, looking for anything, a weapon that can defend you from the clutches of this murderer.

It pulls back, "Take her." He commands, storming away from the scene.

"MAMA!" Your daughter shrieks, loud in the air before the Stormtroopers force her to sleep by punching the end of their blasters on her head.

"No!" Your vision engulfs in darkness.

The first thing you feel when you wake up is the painful prodding of metal on your face and the soft silk under your body. You scream, kicking the droid and bolting out of the white walled room, greeted by the sight of a man floating in a Bancta tank. He is barely a man, with his arms and legs cut off, relying heavily on machines–

The red and gold of his eyes stare right back at you. You buckle under the sheer presence of his eyes on your body– you even catch a hint of regret... sadness, even? One by one, he is reassembled and you're seized with the realization that this is your son's murderer. And behind that mass of metal is a man– a man, a human just like you.

You crawl your way to the door, helpless at finding it locked. "Help me! Please let me out!" You plead, pounding with all the strength you could muster to cry for help.

The next thing you knew, you're lifted in its arm, the cold of his metal limbs pressing against your flimsy dress. "Let me go, you monster! Get away from me!"

He– it carries you back to the room, setting you down gently on one of the beds. Your resistance is futile with this force-wielding machine.

"Calm down." He commands and you slump on the bed, fear seizing your heart. The room closes, releasing puffs of air inside. He takes his mask off sharply, revealing his pale, scarred skin.

"It's me," he wheezes, reaching a hand to tuck your hair behind your ear. You couldn't move. Won't answer him. He tries once more his features twisting into discomfort, "Y/N, it's me, Anakin."

You close your eyes, vehemently shaking your head. "That's not true, my Anakin does not kill people."

"This is what I am," He coos, softly commanding the force to make you see him. "I have been looking for you for a long time now, Y/N."

"You are a monster! You are not Anakin!"

"Enough!" He delivers a harsh blow to your cheek, gritting his teeth and baring the monstrosity that he is now. "You shall address me as Darth Vader, Y/N and you will accept me, if you wish for your precious daughter to live."

CROSS POSTED ON ARCHIVE OF OUR OWN