15

Colby's POV

I woke up, groaning. A headache splitting every thought and feeling I had.

It wasn't something that was uncommon but you never got used to having hangovers.

"Good morning." Julia said causing me to flinch. She was sitting in the reading nook, curled up in the chair with a book in her lap.

"Fuck." I whispered and looked down to see I was just in my underwear.

Did I fucking sleep with her?

"No, we didn't sleep together. Well, we did but not like that, thank god." Julia said and put her hand on her chest.

"Don't act like you wouldn't enjoy it, sweetheart." I said as she rolled her eyes. "I wouldn't." She said as I got out of bed, trudging towards the closet.

"You a virgin, Jules?" I asked as I got dressed. I could feel the anger radiating from her all the way from the other room.

"Don't call me that." She snapped. God, she never learns. "Wanna fix that mouth of yours?" I asked and peered my head out to look at her.

She glared at me for a second, not saying anything.

"Julia." I warned as she shook her head. "You don't have the fucking right to call me that." She said as I clenched my jaw walking up to her.

I felt anger coursing through my veins as I wrapped my hand around her throat, cutting the air off.

"I've been nice Julia. Really fucking nice. Contrary to what you believe, I'm the whole reason you're alive. Now treat me with respect on your own or I'll show you to respect me." I said as her eyes flared with terror.

Fuck.

I couldn't hurt her. I knew I couldn't but she needed to put in her place.

Everything I was doing was for her safety.

I let her go then went back into the closet and got dressed.

I didn't speak or look at her again before I left the room and locked the door.

Julia confused me. She was someone who was petrified of danger and cried after a simple shootout.

I saw the spark in her eye though when I would get aggressive with her. I don't even think she knew it, but it was definitely there.

"You look rough." Sam said as I walked into the kitchen. The cleaning crew we hired had been working all morning to clean the house since it was destroyed.

"Speak for yourself." I said and grabbed a glass, filling it with water.

"Yeah, sure." Sam said as my phone rang. "Fuck." I grumbled and pulled it out.

"What?" I answered, closing my eyes against the pain that was splitting my skull. "Colby." Nate said as I nodded.

"Speak." I demanded. "There was a snake at the party. Gave away some information to Tony." Nate said as I groaned.

"What kind of information?" I asked as Sam looked up at me.

"No idea. Left a package outside of the office. We didn't open it yet." Nate explained as I nodded.

"Don't touch it. The guys and I will be there soon." I said and ran my hand through my hair. "Alright, man. I got an IV ready for you." Nate said causing me to chuckle.

"Thanks." I said then hung up. "Get Jake and Corey. We have to go to the office." I said as he nodded.

I liked how Sam didn't feel the need to ask questions. He just listened and knew that I knew what I was talking about.