the avengers

{Chapter Thirty-Five}

Three days later, after the team had spent time attempting to help with the reparations of the city they all loved, the Avengers were getting ready to depart for a well-deserved break

Three days later, after the team had spent time attempting to help with the reparations of the city they all loved, the Avengers were getting ready to depart for a well-deserved break. Every television station across the world was reporting o the events that had taken place in New York and every one of them thanked the Avengers for the safety of the world.

Abby sat on a bench with her father's phone in her hands watching the news, "Billionaire Tony Stark's twelve-year-old daughter could be seen on Stark Tower fighting during the invasion. There are rumors that Abigail was the one to close the portal after her father redirected a nuclear bomb through the wormhole. The young girl has become a hero to the world and citizens are now calling her Crimson Dagger."

Tony walked by his daughter snatching the phone from the young girl, "TV will rot your brain."

Abby rolled her eyes before standing and following after her father, "Have you heard what they're calling me? Crimson Dagger."

Tony smiled slightly at the excited glint in his daughter's eye as he nodded, "I did. Pretty badass if you as me."

Abby giggled as she ran over to where the rest of the group was gathered. Loki was standing in the center of the group his wrists bound in cuffs and wearing a metal gag so that he can't speak. Tony smiled at Thor shaking his hand as Abby moved towards Clint smiling widely as the man wrapped his arms around her in a tight hug.

Amber, who stood off to the side, moved towards Thor. She glance slightly at Loki who looked up at her with sly eyes. She moved closer to the blonde god that smiled widely at her. The young woman's eyes widened as the large god wrapped the woman in a bone-crushing hug.

The Barton woman giggled slightly hugging the god, "It was nice to meet you too, Thor."

Thor pulled away looking down at the woman, "We'll meet again, sister."

Amber's smile faltered slightly but she continued to hold it as she nodded at him. Thor moved back to where Loki stood as Selvig brought over a glass tube in which the tesseract was loaded. Thor nodded and smiled at the group earning a small wave from Abby as Loki grabbed the other end of the glass cylinder and Thor twisted the lid of the cylinder. Suddenly the two gods were engulfed by a bright blue-white light. The others watched as they disappeared looking up as the beam pulls away leaving a strange mark on the concrete.

The rest of the Avengers moved to say their goodbyes.

Steve moved over to where Tony now stood with Abby by their car. The super soldier looked down at the young girl with a smile as he spoke, "You know most people say that looking at you you can immediately tell that you're Tony's daughter which is true, but all I see Sandy."

Abby gave him a small smile, "I miss her."

Steve wrapped his arms around the young girl that reminded him so much of his sister smiling, finally, for the first time in seventy feeling at home, "I'll see you soon, kid."

"Bye Uncle Steve."

Steve's heart warmed as the young girl skipped over to the car with Bruce and got into the back seat while the doctor climbed into the front. The American hero moved toward Abby's father shaking his hand in goodbye before stepping back to wave to the three.

Natasha and Clint waved goodbye and climbed into a car before speeding off. Steve sighed before his eyes were caught by a blonde woman turning to talk to him. He smiled slightly when his eyes landed on a grinning Amber Barton, "You know, Captain, you were under the ice for a really long time."

"I was."

"You missed a lot."

"I did."

Amber moved closer to him holding a contact card between her index and middle finger as she spoke, "You're gonna need catching up. Movie night, every Thursday, it'll be like you never missed a thing."

Steve blushed slightly, grinning widely as the blonde walked away towards her car and yelled, "I'll be there."

Meanwhile as Tony sped away by watching out of the window, staring up at the Tower from which, only seventy-two hours ago was powering a portal to allow monsters to attack her home. The tower which was once decorated in the large bright letters that spelled STARK had now been destroyed. The only letter still standing, the A.

The Avengers.