||6.||

•||Ch6: Just Lost, not Changed||•

||Mehrun's POV||

After getting angry at Shaizum, I drove to the Sports Club where Lariab and others were practicing.

I parked my car then went inside silently and sat on a bench away from the field. No one knew I was there. They didn't notice me as they were busy practicing. I stared at the field blankly and took a few deep breaths to relax myself.

They all looked so happy while playing together and making jokes of each other. I could hear their loud, free and relaxed laughter at the last bench. But these laughter were irritating me because I was not a part of those jokes, fun or games.

I sighed and looked down, away from them, thinking of 24 years of my years.

"Why are you sighing so much?"

I froze when I heard a nice voice coming from behind me. I put my hand on my heart to calm it and turned to look at the owner of this nice voice who was none other than my cousin.

"I'm not," I lied to him then turned back to look at the field again.

I heard him chuckle at me then sat beside me with a little decent distance away.

"Have ever someone told you when you lie you scrunched up your nose a little and there's also a tiny frown between your eyebrows?" He asked me with amusement in his voice.

"I never lie," I told him, which was a lie itself.

"You are doing it again," He said with a tease in his voice.

I turned to look at him with a glare and wished to punch his handsome face and wiped his smile from those beautiful lips too.

"Take this and cool down yourself," He said, handing me a sealed can of Coke.

I took it from him without thanking him and took a big sip of chilled coke. It did help me cool my anger.

"You haven't changed, Mehrun."

He said, standing up and went to the field to practice with them.

I froze.

Why?

Because he was the first person to say this.

Everyone around me thought I changed.

Those were the people who spent 24 years with me and thought I changed but he just spent some initial years of our life and barely a few hours with me and reached a conclusion I was the same.

What he said made me feel a lot better because these were the words which I wanted to listen to the most but no one said this to me. Even my own parents.

I felt a smile stretched on my lips which I tried my best to not show.

Other than having a handsome face and beautiful voice, my cousin was smart too. If there was a competition for having the perfect cousin, I might win it.