the Third view (1)

Warning; Gore

.

  Deruth had always been careful when it comes to his eldest son. He had always treated him with the utmost care and had given him the best of silk. But perhaps, he had also treated his oldest son like a fragile piece of porcelain that could break at any given moment.

Something which he had realized too late that it had, instead, draw his beloved son away.

  But he did tried, albeit hesitantly in most of the way; Threading each step with the most careful of movements, trying to make sure his son had everything he wanted fulfilled...

  And no one could have known his joy when he saw his son finally started to open up again after all those years cooped up in his room after Drew's death. Because at that time, all he could think of was, maybe, how his son had finally move on from his mother's death too...

Cale had finally talked openly with his siblings, he finally laughs again even though they weren't as childlike as before-- but that didn't matter! 

Because; As long as he was happy, Deruth would also be content.

Maybe, just maybe even he could fixed his mistakes-- But then, slowly, things started to turn for the worse yet again. 

  His son started to coop himself in his room again for some reason, and this time, he actually ended up ignoring everyone... even Deruth himself was starting to consider if the rumors that were saying his son was sick were true. 

But Cale had declined every plea for himself to get checked up--

So what was he supposed to do?

And there was the question when he decides to go out. His son, Cale, had asked a strange request that no one was prepared for. A request to go out out of the territory for a few months.

Deruth remembered how even Violan's ever stoic face crumbled in confusion at the request...

But Deruth still complied, and like the stupid father he was; he started to drift further away from his beloved son yet again.

That did not bother him though, he was content that as long as his son was alive and healthy.

Cough

.

.

.

  Deruth had never compared the two before, he wouldn't dare. But seeing Cale cough blood out like that had reminded him how Drew had also coughed out those red he use to hate so much a week before she left him for good.

A week before another person he loved had been taken away by those Red he hated yet again--

"Cale!"

Deruth screamed, not caring about the other's present in the venue currently.

Where was the knights? Where were the mages? what are they all doing?

  Deruth himself wasn't a mage but any means, but when he saw another chandelier that fell into the shield he presumed his eldest son had made. He knew that it will probably kill his son before the thing even touch the ground.

For the first time; Deruth actually felt hopeless, useless even.

. . .

Cale saw how the crown prince secretly took a butter knife and stood just right behind him.

Just what was this prince doing? 

  Honestly, if the prince did something stupid and gain the attackers attention and make them target him more, Cale was going to just pretend to puke blood and faint. 

He can just find other ways to access the royal archive.

  Cale fixed his right feet position and aimed a stone that was laying around in the front garden to hit one of the flying shadows that were dashing from outside the window; Just like a kid throwing pebbles at birds that were perching on their home fence,

The bird's wings were snapped to halves and fell so un-gracefully to the ground. It won't instantly be dead, but if left untreated, they will wilt very soon enough.

Cale knew it was going to probably burden the heart more, but what was he supposed to do. He was starting to get irked at the flies that just kept on buzzing around.

He should really just stop overthinking and just maybe, Kill them-- 

Cale shook his head,

Maybe not yet. He still have some questions to asked them. He won't be able to do that if they were dead.

...But then again, 

Cale tried to hold back a smile from showing on his lips. 

He doesn't need all of them to be alive, right?

"Human, you can lower your shield if you want"

Right, there was also the little blob. 

Cale eased the shield that was used to hold the chandelier to a mere flicker and visualization to make sure no one could see the little blob's black shield. 

And with that out of the way...

  Another pebble shot up and shot the head of another attacker that was fighting one of the knights that was protecting the King. Instantly killing them on the spot,

This wasn't the first time Cale had killed, but he also had never killed them so cleanly before... 

  Cale glanced around and locked onto another target; this time, he took advantage of the marble floor and made a needle like spike out of them. Effectively plunging onto the enemies foot and straight to the center of their heart.

All of that, without a single spike protruding out of the victims skin.

Another clean kill, 

  It was crazy how much the adrenaline was affecting him right now. He could barely feel the pain of his chest anymore, maybe just a tingle.

.

.

.

Ah, but he maybe should hold back a bit...

It would be bad if they caught on,

Stab

  Cale thought as another needle like spike shot out and aimed to the back of another attacker's head; Yes It would be very bad.

Very... very.... bad,

.

.

.

But Cale did learned something though, 

The attackers... Not all of them immediately enter the venue and attacked, only some of them did. The other's were running around outside the venue where only the servants were at. 

Their target... It's probably not one of the Noble, nor the Crown prince.

  It may even seem like it was the King that they are aiming at first, but even that was wrong. They were only trying to attack the King, but not even attempting to take his life or anything.

It was almost like they were doing a play,

A play to hide their real target...

Cale shot his eyes to the door that the half blood used to get out of the venue,

Was it him?