015 guidance counselor

015   guidance counselor

Eden didn't know why what Jason had said in the gym was still looping in her mind, but it was. She hadn't been able to focus on anything but his speech as the day went on to the point that her fourth period teacher pulled her out of the room and told her to go talk to Ms. Kelly.

So, that's where Eden was heading. She ran her hands through her hair as her breathing picked up, just trying to get to Ms. Kelly's office as quickly as she could. Her mind replaying Jason's words over and over again.

Though she did get a moments break when she slammed into someone else, tumbling back a bit before she steadied herself. "Woah, I'm sorry. I wasn't watching where I was going." The person apologized, hand on Edens arm to steady her. Eden shook her head. "No, sorry it was my bad."

She looked up and was surprisingly met with the face of Eddie Munson staring back at her. "You look stressed." He noted, lightly smiling down at the girl. Eden chuckled dryly. "You could say that." Eddie nodded slowly, pulling his hand back off Edens arm. "I can help with that, if you'd like."

Eden cocked an eyebrow, giving him a look. Eddie's eyes widened slightly. "Not like that, sorry. I just meant I have a few things with me that could help take the edge off for a cheap price." Eden bit her lip, nodding as she heard her own heartbeat in her ears. "Yeah, okay. How much?"

"Twenty bucks. Honestly it's usually thirty, but I hate to see people in a panic. So, meet me in the wooded area behind the school for the last bit of lunch and I can help your problems float away." Eddie tried selling and Eden just chuckled lightly. He smiled, once again seeing how that sounded once it came out.

"Thank you." Eden smiled, moving past the boy. "Hey! What's your name?" Eddie wondered but Eden just kept walking, pushing the door open to Ms. Kelly's office.

Eden looked around the office quietly. "Hello?" She heard some movement from a separate room before Ms. Kelly popped out, smiling. "What can I help you with, Eden?" Eden lightly scratched her arm. "Uh, sorry. Mrs. Wilson said she'd call down for me?" Ms. Kelly nodded. "Oh, yes! Come on back."

Eden breathed out deeply and headed back, taking a seat across from where Ms. Kelly had sat. "So, what happened? I haven't seen you in here in a while. Did something trigger something?" Eden took in a shaky breath, her encounter with Eddie quickly leaving her mind as it went back to Jason and what he'd said. "Um, uh, yeah. At the, uh, pep rally."

Ms. Kelly nodded, marking a few things down on her paper. "Jason's speech? Bringing up Heather and the fire?" Eden nodded, holding back from grabbing at her own throat in an effort to lessen the weight of breathing.