30| Heart

┏━━━✦❘༻༺❘✦━━━┓

Heart

┗━━━✦❘༻༺❘✦━━━┛

Chapter 30: Heart (Jules's POV)

As we entered the dining hall and paused at the entrance, scanning the area to spot my larger-than-life family, anxiousness bubbled up within me. I was mortified at the thought of Christian meeting my family and both of us being completely interrogated and our act falling right through immediately. 

"I see your parents," he said, nodding and then heading towards them. 

I took in a sharp breath and grabbed his arm, clutching onto it tightly. "Christian, wait." 

He turned to me, both our eyes dropping to my firm hold on his arm. It pushed me to let go. 

"Let's just skip breakfast." 

"You'll get hungry later," he replied. 

Letting out an annoyed huff, I stared at him blankly. "You're so dumb sometimes, take a hint, Christian, seriously." 

His lip twitched up in amusement before he cleared his throat and grabbed my hand, placing it back on his arm. "You like challenges, don't you? Let's make a bet. If I don't impress your family..." he trailed off in thought. 

"Then you pay for my dress," I concluded. 

"Fair enough. And if I do, you pay for my suit. Deal or no deal, Milaya?" 

"Deal," I nodded in agreement. 

"Now take a breath and just trust me. I know how to make people love me or hate me." 

Exhaling as we started walking ahead, I mumbled, "Trust me, I know." 

"Your little jabs and snide remarks are really starting to hurt, Red," he whispered, "you better stop because I lose my patience." 

"And what happens if you do?" I lifted a brow, looking at him. 

He glanced at me. "Do you really want to know?" 

No. Absolutely not. 

Being honest, I shook my head softly. 

He let out a soft chuckle, tugging me closer. 

I let out an annoyed huff but stayed near him until we reached our table. Our tables. Multiple were joined together to make enough room for all of us and it was family only. The rest of the guests. including Alex and Naomi's friends were sitting at other tables nearby. 

"Fuck," I exhaled. 

"Breathe," Christian warned. 

"Morning," I sang, bracing my hands at one out of the two empty chairs in front of me. 

"Jules!" 

"Morning!" 

"Hey!" 

"Look who it is!"