46.

Charlie Weasley was overwhelmed

You would think growing up with six siblings would have prepared Charlie for babysitting two kids. You would be wrong.

Mr. and Mrs. Diggory had hired Charlie as their babysitter over the Summer Holiday, and Charlie had two takeaways from the experience: A newfound appreciation for his mum, and Charlie never wanted to be a parent.

Cedric was easy enough. He was well-mannered and very rarely threw a tantrum. His twin sister, however, couldn't be more different. She was prone to throwing world-ending fits and seemed to be defiant just for the sake of defiance.

Charlie couldn't exactly blame her though. After all, even a perfectly well-adjusted adult would struggle with sudden blindness. Perhaps it was his sympathy for the girl that allowed her to get away with her behavior.

But regardless, as the holiday was coming to an end, Charlie realized that he only had himself to blame for the difficulties he was currently having with Fiona Diggory.

Slamming both hands on the kitchen counter, Charlie let a stern gaze fall on Fiona as she flinched away from the noise.

Cedric looked from his sister to their babysitter, utterly petrified. "Fee, come on," he whispered as he leaned close to her.

"I've given you a full hour since your bedtime. It's time to go to sleep. Now!"

Having regained confidence from her brother's soothing words, Fiona folded her arms across her chest as she shook her head. "I'm not tired," she hissed.

"You know what happens to bad kids who don't listen to rules, don't you?" Charlie said in a low voice. Taking a page out of Molly Weasley's book of parenting, Charlie knew sometimes the best motivator for children was some mild fear. It was possibly the only way she was able to keep Fred and George in line."In the middle of the night, werewolves and vampires come and snatch them up. You don't want a werewolf to come to visit you tonight, do you?"

Fiona's eyebrows arched upwards, her eyes widened and she timidly shook her head. "N-No."

"Good, so let's be a good girl and go to bed, yeah?" Charlie said in a much lighter tone, finally feeling as if he had control over the situation.

"C'mon, let's go," Cedric said as he guided his sister off the stool and towards the staircase. As Fiona reluctantly left the kitchen with her brother, Charlie could see the tears welling in her eyes. With a pang of remorse, Charlie followed the kids up to their bedrooms.

He tucked Cedric into bed and then took Fiona by the hand and led her into her room.

He looked down at her as she wiped the tears that were chasing each other down her cheek.