chapter twenty-six.

⋆ ★ ALREADY GONE ━━━CHAPTER TWENTY-SIX 

( BROKEN AND DAMAGED ) , six days part one + two.

៚ ......... ˁᱸᲲᱸˀ ............ ༄

JAMIE DIDN'T WANT TO WAKE UP. Waking up in the morning was something that Jamie didn't necessarily hate, but today she did. After last night, she wasn't sure she'd ever want to wake up again. But after she did eventually wake up on her side, facing the window, she carefully turned her head to see who was once beside her, gone and she felt a tad bit relieved.

When Derek woke up in the morning a bit earlier than the girl, he observed her quietly, watching how her lips were slightly parted, soft snores escaping. He noticed how long her eye lashes were and how beautiful they looked. He had never really taken the time to notice those things before. The blonde looked peaceful. Something she hadn't last night when he found her.

He then carefully kissed her forehead before pulling back the covers and getting out of bed and leaving the bedroom, shutting the door behind him. Meredith, Izzie and George stood outside as if they were waiting for someone- anyone- to exit the room.

After each one of them came home last night and seeing the mess the blonde had left, they thought someone had robbed them. But when they entered Jamie's room and saw both of them sleeping, they knew something worse had happened. Maybe the two had fought?

"Is she okay?" Meredith was the first one to speak up. When Derek didn't answer, she quickly spoke up once more, "I should go in there."

"She's asleep." Derek told her in reply, sort of stopping the girl from entering the room.

"What happened?" George asked, a little worried inside.

The older male shrugged. "I'm not sure, uh... I came here and saw everything destroyed." He confessed. "I thought maybe someone had broken in, and I saw her car here and I thought they might have taken her. I checked every room in the house to find her."

"But she's in there, right?" The younger sister questioned, and Derek nodded in reply. "What happened after you found her?"

"She was in the bathtub, fully clothed and staring at the wall in front of her. When I tried to get her out... she didn't move. It was like she was a statue. Like she was frozen in place."

Izzie put a hand over her mouth. "Oh my god." She breathed out.

Derek looked like he was about to cry. "I don't know what to do. I don't know what's happening inside her head. I can't leave her alone today. I can't have her..." He didn't even want to finish that sentence- let alone think about it.

Neither did Meredith. She should have been here earlier last night, maybe they wouldn't be here in this situation now if she had come home earlier instead of going to Joe's.

"I'm going to stay with her," Derek finally spoke up once more. "You three should get to the hospital so you don't miss your rounds."

"No, I'll stay." Meredith protested lightly. "You go. You're the neurosurgeon, not a lousy intern."