chapter twenty-nine.

⋆ ★ ALREADY GONE ━━━CHAPTER TWENTY-NINE 

( REVIVING THE PATIENT ) , some kind of miracle.

៚ ......... ˁᱸᲲᱸˀ ............ ༄

JAMIE GREY WAS FINALLY DEAD. She didn't think she'd be dead this early in life but given the circumstances of what she was going through, she didn't find it all that surprising.

However, the people around her didn't have a clue as to why she was dead. They had no clue as to what was going on in Jamie's head or why she did what she did. They didn't even know what happened, let alone how the blonde ended up in the water.

Bailey sighed as Webber kept pumping the girl's heart. "Chief, I know the hypothermia is protective to her vital organs, but how much longer do you think we can go on like this?" She questioned, ignoring the lump in her throat. Miranda Bailey hated the idea of losing Jamie. But she also hated the idea of having false hope that she wasn't already dead. The game of tug a war she was bound to lose.

"I've seen people last as long as four hours." The Chief argued.

"Yeah, but you-"

"No," Webber interrupted the female. "This is not- this is Ellis Grey's little girl and Meredith Grey's big sister. This is my-"

"We're all on the same side here, Chief." Burke tried to reason with the clearly upset male.

Webber took a moment to think before saying, "Her body temperature is at 86 degrees. She is not dead until she is warm and dead. We need to warm her up to 98.6 and start her heart."

Bailey had tears in her eyes as she nodded. "Yes, sir." Maybe there was a glimmer of hope after all.

"Let's do a gastric lavage with warm fluids."

"I have to go. I- it's my Jane Doe." Addison stuttered over her words, looking down at her pager that rested on her hip.

The resident sighed. "Just- they're waiting for you. So, whatever you choose to say will..." The resident subtly referred to the interns and Derek in the hallway. "Just be careful, Addison."

៚ ......... ˁᱸᲲᱸˀ ............ ༄

Jamie still sat on the gurney in the Heaven hospital in front of the two males. She wasn't sure what was happening, and she wasn't sure if it was a good or bad thing. As she sat, she was trying to figure that out. She hadn't seen the two in what felt like forever.

"Jamie?" Eric spoke up and the female didn't answer. She kept staring at the two in shock. "She's freaking out."

"She's not freaking out." Dylan shook his head.

"People tend to freak out." The one in all white retorted.

"Trust me, she's fine."

That caused Eric to scoff. "Oh, okay, who's been dead longer. Me. I'd think I'd know."