I Think I Love You (Valtor)

Introduction:
Princess Bloom and her friends return to Domino after another term at Alfea. The royal family celebrates it with a welcoming feast. However, at the feast, Stella asks Princess Y/N a question that a certain wizard overhears.

This is a request from @SianiaLarkin01. Thank you for your request!

In this story, Valtor is not evil, and Domino was never attacked.

I hope you enjoy!

Published: 7/13/2022
———————————————

Author's note:
I apologise for the delay! I thought I could have written it much earlier, but I was too tired and first got time now to do so.
———————————————

Word count: 1.4k

It's a busy day on Domino. Today Princess Bloom is returning after another term at Alfea which will be celebrated by the royal family. There will also be guests as the youngest princess has invited her friends to stay for a few days.

One of the guards named Valtor sighs to himself. Great, not only does he have to keep an eye on Princess Bloom once she returns, he now also has to keep an eye on her friends.

He despises her friends - they are loud, annoying, and some of them are straight up rude. He remembers one time when the Princess of Solaria commented on his fashion sense. The wizard just rolled his eyes at her. He doesn't care what that spoiled girl thinks about his clothing.

As it is a more formal event, he will be wearing his armour - he's not that fond of it, but it does its job. At least that girl won't be able to comment on his looks... Thank the Great Dragon for that!

While being lost in thought, the strawberry blonde-haired man doesn't notice the oldest princess approaching him.

"Hello, Valtor. I do hope that my little sister's friends won't be a nuisance to you this time" she says as she chuckles.

A bit startled, Valtor clears his throat before bowing. "Princess Y/N. Unfortunately, I'm sure they will... They always manage to do so" he mutters, looking annoyed by the thought.

The princess puts a reassuring hand on his shoulder. "I'll talk to them, don't worry" she assures, offering a smile.

Valtor can't help but smile back. He usually gives either a forced or mocking smile to people. However, when it comes to the oldest princess, he acts rather differently. He has for a very long time.

He has no idea why, though.

The princess acts differently as well when she's in his presence. Y/N usually doesn't talk much. However, it's different when it comes to Valtor. It has been like this for as long as she can remember.

She also has no idea why that's the case.

Unbeknownst to them, everybody else knows exactly why.

They are interrupted as they hear someone clearing their throat right behind them.

"The girls are almost here" King Oritel states, looking between his daughter and the guard.

"Oh, right" Y/N mutters as she walks towards the exit to greet her sister and her friends.

Valtor walks over there as well in order to make sure nothing will happen to the royal family.

As the two walk away, Oritel sighs. He's not very fond of Valtor, but he can tell that his daughter and the wizard are in love.

Queen Marion often confronts her husband about it.

"We should help them out, don't you think?" she would suggest.