~Who I Should Be In Love With (Fitz and Biana)~ (platonic angst)

Hey yall I suddenly really wanted to write something but didn't know what to write, and when I don't know what to write, I write Fedex. We need more Fedex.

I also decided to make this Sophiana too, but without Sophie and Dex? It's basically Fitz and Biana having gay panics together.

Shoutout to kotLC030, who has a oneshot book of her own with Sokeefe, Tiana, Sophiana, and more! Go check them out. Bestie, if you're reading this, thank you so much for crediting me in your oneshot book. You are awesome.

________________________________________________________________________________

✩Fitz's POV✩

I flopped onto my bed and fiercely clutched the bright red dragon perched in front of my pillows, waiting for me to come home. I hugged it tightly, burying my head in the shiny teal scales of its underbelly. Maybe if I stayed in bed, protected by the warmth of the embarrassingly adorable stuffed dragon, my feelings would go away.

Something in the back of my head was telling me that wasn't how it worked, but I chose to ignore that thought. In fact, I chose to ignore every thought in my head except for the ones of memories I've had, thinking about Sophie.

Sophie. Her silky blonde hair, her warming brown eyes, her bright smile. That's who I should be in love with.

Should. The key word is should. But I wasn't.

Why wasn't I again?

Images of straw- NOPE! No, no no, no, we're not thinking about him right now. That's a huge no no. I am Fitzroy Avery Vacker, and feelings like this aren't allowed.

I kept repeating that line, over and over again in my head. I am Fitzroy Avery Vacker, and feelings like this aren't allowed. I am Fitzroy Avery Vacker, and feelings like this aren't allowed. I am Fitzroy Avery-

Okay, this obviously isn't working. Which meant I needed some help. Not someone to talk to exactly about...whatever this was, but someone to talk to. About something that wasn't this. I lifted my head from the comfort of shiny teal scales, and ticked off possibilities in my head until only one option remained on my list. A very unoriginal choice, but one that would do nevertheless.

I crept across the Everglen hallway towards a pastel purple door spelling the name Biana in sparkly purple letters. I knocked once, and a shuffling sound emanated from the door before the lock clicked, and a figure wrapped in a lavender blanket let me inside.

"Hi, Biana," I said nervously, sitting down on her bed, awkwardness radiating from me as I glanced around the room.

"Hi," a grumble came from under the blanket. A hand pulled the blanket off, revealing a head of tangled dark brown hair and tired teal eyes, red and swollen from crying.

"Are you okay?" I asked instinctively. Biana sighed, and plopped onto a fluffy armchair at the foot of the bed. I scooted towards her, lying down and staring at her with anticipation.

"There's this guy," she said anxiously. I forced a smile, though secretly cursing the world for making Biana talk about cute guys on a day like this. Screw my dumb luck.

"He's got these really pretty chestnut brown eyes, fluffy blonde hair, and he's so kind to...well, everyone," Biana said quietly. "But...we can't be together."

My eyebrows shot up into my hair. "Why?"

Biana blinked, before breaking down into tears. I quickly got off the bed and wrapped my arms around her, not caring about the wet tears dripping to my arms.

"Fitz, you don't understand," Biana sobbed. "He's- he's-"

I hugged her tighter. "You can tell me, it's fine. I won't care, I'll still love you."

Biana took a big gulp of air. "He's a girl," she said, before bursting into tears again. My eyes widened to the size of dinner plates, but I hugged her anyway despite the spinning and reeling of my head. If Biana liked a girl, did that mean that I could-

NO!

Biana stopped crying, and turned to me with a look of confusion. "What do you mean, no?" I slapped a hand across my mouth. Shit.

"Nothing," I replied hastily. "It's just..." I sighed.

"I think I might understand," I said quietly to Biana. She nodded with understanding, turning around and hugging me tightly this time.

"I should be in love with this girl. Her name is Sophie. She's got brown eyes and-" Biana's eyes widened as she stumbled back into the chair. "Wait. Are you seriously telling me that-"

Biana gulped, then nodded. "Sophie's the he. The he I was talking about."

Oh no.