Chapter Eight: Padmé and Obi-Wan [Part Four]

THIRD PERSON POV

Obi-Wan arrived in the market early in the morning after travelling all night. The whole trip he sighed to himself, replaying Leia's words at the dinner table over and over in his head.

"I don't get it. Who are you? Why are you here, Ben?"

"You're not our father!"

The young girl was right. It was only natural she and her brother would become suspicious at their age. They have been given no answers, and yet they possess a power not everyone has and is considered illegal by death if discovered by the wrong people. Leia and Luke were most likely scared overall. Frustrated, and scared, on what and who they are, and where they've come from. Obi-Wan reminded himself for the fifth time he shouldn't take any of it personally, but as he remembered Padmé's disappointed and shocked reaction, he realized this whole ordeal has become very personal to not only him, but the ex-senator as well.

The Jedi parked his cart on the outskirts of town, just as he has done for twelve years. Usually, the gentle soul who owned the lot would greet him with a big smile and joke with him about leaving the "wife with the kids". However, now he was nowhere to be found. What's worse, that feeling Obi-Wan had felt earlier back at the house had grown stronger and much more potent.

He peeked his head around the corner and furrowed his brows at the sight of the Empire taking over the market. Stormtroopers in white and black armor patrolled the streets, antagonizing the locals and harassing their shops and carts. Obi-Wan gulped nervously as he flipped the hood of his cloak up over his eyes, keeping his head down as he walked slowly along the edge of the market. He didn't get far when, out of nowhere, a hand smacked itself over his mouth and another pulled him into an alleyway.

"What are you doing here?" a man revealed himself after he pushed the Jedi against the wooden building.

"Cam." Obi-Wan sighed in relief, realizing it was only his friend whom he farmed with. "What is going on?"

"That's what I'd like to ask you, Obi-Wan." Cam's whole body trembled. "They're looking for you here. We have all recognized your face from the probe droid. They're here to kill you."

Obi-Wan's eyes only grew wider and wider the more Cam quickly explained the situation. "Padmé...the children!" His first thoughts spewed out of his mouth.

"Padmé?" Cam repeated, then understood that was the real name of the Jedi's "wife". "You both used a fake alias."

"We had to." Obi-Wan said.

"There's no need to explain yourself." Cam nodded. "You have to get out of here."

"Yes, our ship is still docked under rented space. Just where we left it years ago."

"I'm afraid that docking platform has been completely overrun by troopers..."

"So what do we do?" Obi-Wan frantically tried to think of a solution, but all his thoughts were scrambled, except for the safety of Padmé and the twins. They were his only priority. He did not care what happened to him.

"Listen to me, Ben." Cam held his panicked friend's shoulders firmly. "I will get you off this planet."

"No, Cam, I can't let you—"

"I will get you, your wife, and children off this planet." Cam repeated. Obi-Wan's eyes watered. "Cam, Padmè's not my wife. Luke and Leia are not my children..."

"Whatever your situation is," Cam laughed nervously, squeezing the Jedi's arms. "You've been part of this community for twelve years. You are this community. And a community protects those who are part of it, no matter what. Go back to your family and wait for me. I will come to you."