XVII. | SEVENTEEN

・゚: *✧・゚:*    *:・゚✧*:・゚

The group of four were still walking around in circles, getting themselves stuck in an incredibly obnoxious loop as the building shook. There was a low rumble as the hallway shook, Five taking a hold around Y/n's arm lest anything happen or jump out at them. The lights shifted to a neon yellow, almost like spotlights peeking through the cracks of the ceiling. They brightened intensely, so much so that Y/n put a hand up to block the rays of light. The hanging lights swung in sync with each vibration inching up the buildings walls. The four paused for a moment before continuing the loop around, inching around each corner with caution until the one they rounded had a guardian of some sort waiting.

The guardian snarled, swinging it's weapon around as Ben scoffed. "Really? A samurai?"

From behind Y/n, Sloane pushed by her with a yell, charging at the keeper covered in plates of metal. She flipped over it with the use of her abilities, and using her gravitational powers to hold it in place.

"Revenge looks good on her." Ben nodded as Y/n brushed past him.

She looked at her hands, holding her right one up to burn the guardian, figuring that might be of more use. She let a flame dance across her fingers, and she felt it, but perhaps her eyes played tricks on her as she couldn't see it.

"Oh, you've gotta be shitting me." She mumbled as a flickering flame moved around her hand.

Five yanked an axe from off the wall, "What?"

"My powers are, like, mixing?"

"So, what? You're ice and fire are invisible now?"

She shook her head with a scoff, letting flames rain out from her hand against the back of the metal. Once she stopped, Five teleported closer and swung the axe down against the guardian, and they repeated the process as Sloane held it in place. Y/n attempting to soften the metal, and Five swinging the axe against it. She attempted multitasking, seeing if she could flicker herself invisible, or at least a hand, but it was no use. Every time she attempted to go unseen, her flames would be the only thing invisible.

Eventually, Sloane's hold faltered and the group made a break for the laundry room, the stomps creeping up on them as they all ducked behind some dryers.

"You've hit him with your axe five times. He should be dead by now." Ben hissed.

"It's the armor. It's like hitting cement even after Y/n's melted it."

"There's a space," Sloane breathed. "Between the backplates."

"We need to get behind him." Y/n nodded.

"Let's kill this thing." She agreed.

"Wait—" Five tried as Sloane stood up, running out from behind the dryers.

"Hey, asshole!" She ran up along the wall, taking a cut to the arm as the guardian chucked some sort of blade at her. She fell to the ground with a grunt.

Five knocked Y/n's shoulder, telling her to do something, preferably anything as he blinked away. She stood up and froze, thinking of what to do. The keeper was hovered over Sloane as Five blinked up, taking a hit to the face that knocked him out almost entirely.