The Reaper has a Question

Days has passed since his arrival.

During the five day vacation with the two love birds, they had lots of fun being together.

They hung out every second of every day except for one day where Y/n visited his parents, they played video games, went on dates, cuddled...

...Did it, wink wink...

But overall, this was the best half week Gamo ever had since Y/n left for college years ago.

Now, it was all coming to an end as the two were back at the view where they watched the fireworks and confessed their love in high school. They gazed out at the sunset with an arm wrapping around her waist while her head buried into her boyfriend's shoulder.

These were the last few seconds, minutes, even hours before the inevitable were to happen.

Gamo knew it, good things has to come to an end as the final day that Y/n told her he had to leave was here. Who knew that their time with each other was quick?

She didn't want him to go, yet he has to as she wants to make this moment special. She snuggles into the Reaper more, gaining his attention. "What's wrong, babe?"

"Nothing..."

She shakes her head to herself.

"...It's just... I'm gonna miss you... You're gonna go back to America while I'm just gonna be stuck here waiting for another week for you to stay..."

She starts to tear up.

"I don't want you to go..."

"..."

"..."

"...Yeah... about that..."

...Huh?

What did Y/n just say?

"What? What do you mean?"

The boy lets go of the girl and walked a couple steps away. She sits up while he kept his back

"I'm... dropping out... or transferring to another school..."

"What?! Why?!"

Y/n only sighs and face palms himself.

She thought this was an attack on her, his heart don't love her anymore.

But she's getting something more than just that.

"...I fucking hate that school... Alabama Crimson Tides and the football team..."

At first it was just a rant... but...

"I talked to some people about it... then someone finally convinced me to take my own decision... so I'm just gonna say it..."

...She was gonna get something what she thought was a break up.

"...That school... isn't one that I wanna stay at..."

The boy turned around, eyes shot red as she could see the stress that was bagged up inside him for so long. That dark aura was back, the same one that she had seen since she saw him first play.

It scared her. It was hot but that wasn't the mood that she was feeling mostly in this situation.

"...They said I would be the next Najee Harris, the next Mark Ingram, the next Derrick Henry... Who the fuck is Derrick Henry anyways?! I don't wanna be a football player! I want to be a rugby player! Play in the Olympics, get the gold medal, not play for a copycat rugby game! That is stupid!"

Finally, he calms down.

Somewhat a bummer but Gamo stayed serious for now.

"...So in the end, I made a great decision... A few actually..."

That dark aura that was once in him a few seconds ago disappears when he starts to smile.

This would be the best news Gamo has ever heard for awhile.

"I'm... transferring here to finish my degree..."

Gamo's heart stopped.

Words she literally did not expect to hear at all as her eyes were ready to well up.

"Y-You mean?"

The h/c spreads his arms out for a hug.

"...I'm home, baby~..."

That was it.

Gamo's tears fell down her cheeks.

The emotions bottled up and mixed for the last few minutes resulted in nothing but joy. Even if it meant...

"So you're just going to throw away your football career just for me?"

"Like I said, Gamo... I do not like football... and being in college away from Japan made me homesick... I missed my friends, I missed my family... and I especially missed you, Gamo..."

"...And I already know what this means for football... I quit being the running back or whatever position they made me as, lose money to be a professional, but this isn't what I want... This isn't a passion that I chose... Rugby and being with you and everyone I love dearly is the only thing I want in this world... So don't worry, Gamo... I know what will happen and I'll gladly change my path if it means making me happy as well..."

"..."

"..."

"...Y/n!~"

Pat!

Gamo was emotional.

After Y/n gave Gamo his will, his goal of what he wanted in his life, she couldn't help but cry more and hugged him tightly. Her tears soaked into his hoodie as Y/n was starting to feel lightheaded.

"This is the best day of my life!"

"Gamo... Gamo..."

"Huh?"

"...Can't... breathe..."

"Oh, I'm sorry!"

She lets go as he gasped for air and kneeled for a bit. He holds his chest with Gamo feeling sorrowful for her overreaction, patting his back to get him to start breathing right again...

"I'm so sorry, Y/n! Please don't be mad!"

"...Gamo..."

...But this gave Y/n the perfect opportunity.

"...Gamo..."

"Yes? Yes! Are you okay?!"

"Maki Gamo..."

His arms slowly drags down his body and to his shorts, confusing Gamo. "...Y/n? Are you... okay?"

Then he starts to smile as he brought his hands out to her.

"..."

...She finally realizes what Y/n was doing when he revealed a small black box in his hands...

"...Will you marry me?"