CHAPTER SEVENTEEN

THE FORBIDDEN ZONE;
part three

THEY DROPPED HER OFF ON her front lawn, the fancy cars of her parents parked in their driveway being too daunting for any of her friends to even offer to step out of the van with her. However, Renna was okay with that. She didn't plan to stay for long.

After slipping through the front hall of her house and making it to her room, she hurriedly packed her clothes before journeying out. She managed to get in and out of the house unnoticed, much to her relief. Her parents didn't even know she'd come.

On her way to the Wreck, where she knew her friends would be impatiently waiting, she stopped. She had heard blaring music from down one of her nearby streets. The house it was emitting from had pulsating flashes of coloured lights illuminating the sky and nearby road. That and the unusual amount of cars lining the sides of the street told the girl one thing: the party.

She had time, she thought she had time, so she let her curiosity lead her inside. She didn't even know what she was doing, she didn't even know how she'd got there, but suddenly, she found herself aimlessly pushing through the crowds of dancing and tongue twirling people to get to the other end.

Once emerging from the jumping crowd, she found herself in the main lounge, watching as Rafe patted Topper's back as he leant towards the coffee table. Although she couldn't see what exactly was on the table, the white powder lining the tip of the fake blond's nose was enough. She knew what was going on.

She inwardly gasped - Sarah would be pissed. Rafe randomly caught her eye, having looked around the room, Topper too distracted by his heightened senses and the people around him cheering to notice the newcomer standing stunned in the doorway.

"Renna! Welcome to the party!" Rafe cheered as he stood up, walking towards the girl. She crossed her arms instinctively.

"Where's Blake?" She asked as she raised an eyebrow.

"Who cares about him, babe? Come with me, I can give you something that will make this the best night of your life!" He shouted over the music. She instantly grimaced.

"No thanks," she muttered. She just wanted to leave.

Before she could, Rafe grabbed her forearm, forcing her arms apart. "Oh, come on. Just do one line," he pestered, dragging her towards the crowded table. Kelce watched her cautiously, which Renna noticed, but it didn't make her feel any safer. She knew Kelce, if anyone in their group was to help her it would be him, but it was still their group, and Rafe was the one holding her arm. Not even Kelce would ever stand up to Rafe.

"Hey, man. You know if she tells-" he began, much to her surprise.

"Shut up," Rafe slurred as she tried to rip her arm away, looking up at Kelce for help, desperately. He just gulped and averted his eyes to the floor. He wanted to help her, he saw how tight Rafe's grip on her arm was, but he couldn't do anything. Even if he tried, it would only cause her more pain. He knew it.