103-105

Chapter 103 - Feeling Unjust ("Is it that Mu's that you don't like or is it me?") (1)

The old madam only brought up marriage briefly. After the two had walked inside the house, they started talking about work and other subjects and marriage was never brought up again.

Xu WanZhi chatted with the old madam and Mu Ling but she saw out of the corners of her eyes that Mu XueLin and Xu Tian were discussing something and looked as thought they had reached some sort of an agreement.

Xu WanZhi looked over at Mu ZhenYu. The man was reading a financial magazine while sitting properly on the couch. He was nice and calm as though nothing had happened.

Nobody inside of this house was normal!

Dinner was ready shortly after 6 PM. Xu WanZhi saw that Mu ZhenYu had put down the magazine and walked over to the bathroom. She stood up and pretended that she happened to be heading over that direction as well.

The two of them met at the foyer. With a sidestep, Xu WanZhi blocked in front of him.

She rarely talked to him and this was the very first time that she had blocked him like this. There was finally a smile on Mu ZhenYu's long face. "What's the matter?"

Xu WanZhi checked both sides of them and, only after she had made sure that there was nobody around them, said to him softly, "Just a few days ago, I told you that your father and my father..."

She had a great sense of hearing. Now that she had lowered her voice purposefully, she sounded like a mosquito. He could hear what she was saying herself but Mu ZhenYu was completely baffled. "Speak louder."

"A few days ago..." She raised her voice. Then, feeling that it was too risky, finally reached out and put her arms around his neck to pull him down some and closer to her. "Didn't you say a few days ago that perhaps your father met up with my father to talk about our marriage? Did you know something that you didn't tell me about?"

Mu ZhenYu humphed and said with a mocking look, "Xu WanZhi, what are you thinking? Do you really think that I will collude with Mu XueLin instead of talking to you?"

Hearing that, Xu WanZhi, albeit still feeling suspicious, had no choice but nodded. "I guess that make sense..."

Before she was done talking, Mu XueLin also walked over as though purposefully. He smiled when he saw the two of them in the foyer, their faces next to each other's and their breath mixed together, and said loudly, "Oh, you two kids. You even need to show some affection for each other just going to wash your hands before dinner. This is making me envious."

Mu ZhenYu stood up straight, casted him a glance before he pulled Xu WanZhi into the bathroom and locked the door behind him.

The old madam and Mu Ling were unusually quiet over the dinner table. Nobody at the dinner table talked until half way through dinner when Mu XueLin finally looked up and said, "The two of us had gathered everyone around today to talk about your marriage. I've only met Lao Xu not too long ago but we get along very well with each other. Both of us are very supportive of your marriage but we would like to solicit your opinions. After all, Miss Xu was the girl's side and we, as the man's side, should take the lead. What are your thoughts, Miss Xu?"

Hearing that, Xu WanZhi looked over at Mu ZhenYu. She saw that he just kept on eating his dinner as though he didn't hear anything. All of a sudden, she was not certain what she should do.

Should she accept or decline?

All of a sudden, she recalled the part in the original novel when Mu ZhenYu learned that the original owner wanted to marry into the prestigious family for money, he had his hand around the original owner's neck and pinned her to the wall. His strength was so strong that he had almost snapped her neck.