151-153

Chapter 151 - Changing Back? (She misses him a little.) (1)

That afternoon, in front of Huanyu's front door, Mu ZhenYu, who hasn't showed up in a few days, got out leisurely from his car with a little fox in his arm.

The employees walking around all looked over – it had been a while since their Boss Mu was engaged to Miss Xu WanZhi but they had yet to pick a date for the wedding. Many things had happened to the Mu's since and, all of a sudden, some ended up in prison and in the hospital. Even though Mu ZhenYu was the last one standing, Xu WanZhi was dragged into this very cruel internal struggle.

Before all of these happened, it was more or less settled that Xu WanZhi would become the primary female lead in Plainness. But after the incident, everybody that was involved had either been mentioned by the police or media through other channels. Even Mu XiYuan, as the mastermind behind the kidnapped was hospitalized for severe injury. Xu WanZhi, the one who was kidnapped, on the other hand, seemed to have disappeared altogether and nobody had heard anything about her. Director Jiang ChenXi of Plainness seemed to have been waiting for her return and delayed the start of the movie indefinitely using the excuse of conflicts between the filming schedule and locations.

Many fans speculated that Xu WanZhi could very well had died during the kidnapping. After all, even Mu XiYuan and a few others had suffered serious injuries. Obviously there had been some sort of confrontation. Xu WanZhi was so fragile and weak, it was very likely that she could have died during the brawl.

Nevertheless, Sliver Star had never stepped out and announced anything about the whereabout of Xu WanZhi. All the fans could do was to worry.

And now, Mu ZhenYu was going to work with a fox and a very relaxed look. That, too, was difficult to figure out.

A few employees walked past him nonchalantly and, it was until they were a distance away before they started whispering to each other.

"That was the little fox on the internet, right? The one that belongs to Xu WanZhi."

"Oh, my gosh. I never thought I'd see the real thing!"

"No wonder Jiang YueXian had been drooling over it for so long. It really seems to possess the ability to steal one's soul in close distance!"

"He is even bringing her fox to the office to take care of it. He must really cherish Miss Xu."

"I know, right? Normally you'd just hire someone to take care of your pet at home. We didn't know about this in the past, but now we know that even he bankruptcy a while back was fake. It wasn't like he couldn't afford someone to take care of his pet."

"That's why I said he cherishs Miss Xu a lot. He even takes care of her fox in person."

"That being said, do you think something really happened to Xu WanZhi? Why else would she not be taking care of her fox herself?"

"Judging by the way Boss Mu looks, it doesn't look like something that tragic had happened. Perhaps Miss Xu was in a hospital somewhere and does not wish to be disturbed."

As they were gossiping, Mu ZhenYu's executive assistant walked out of the elevator and walked over to them. "Do you not have enough work or something? You have to gossip about Mr. Mu and Miss Xu's personal matters? If I hear another word on this subject, you are all fired."

The employees all shut up immediately and went about minding their own businesses.

The young executive assistant went down to the underground garage and retrieved what Mu ZhenYu needed out of the trunk of his car and brought it back up to the top floor for him.