24 || Wisdom From Old Man Willie

A/N: This book will probably have like 40-60 chapters (not inluding the extras)

"-/N?"

"Y/N" you suddenly shot up from the couch and looked around the room confused.

"Ah! I am glad to see you were able to get some rest!" your attention was now on the animatronic bear and you began to relax your shoulders. You had forgotten that you took a nap in his green room.

"What time is it?" you asked, still in a groggy state.

"It is almost 5 AM. You only got four hours of sleep. Eight hours is the recommended amount but we need your help with your last task..." he nervously twiddled his thumbs.

"What's the last task?"

~

"Tch, I told Peepaw to clean up the place before pests start infesting and look what happened..." you stared at the amalgamation of wires and animatronic heads that was loitering outside the entrance of the decaying rabbit's domain.

You pulled out a snicker from your pocket and threw it at the thing.

The blob inspected the item and looked in the direction it was thrown at them and spotted you.

"GET OFF MY PEEPAW'S LAWN!!"

You two had a stare-off-- well, more like you glaring and the blob being confused. 

This went on for a while until the amalgamation shot a tentacle towards you.

You almost didn't have enough time to react, but you were able to do a carefully calculated, highly strategic move to get the upper hand...

You grabbed an open trash bag and hurled it at the blob. The contents of the trash bag went everywhere and some of it landed on its face, catching it off guard.

You took this chance to sneak past it and make your way to the decaying rabbit's life suppor- I mean, recharging station.

"Yo Pops, I think you got an infestation problem," you announced your arrival and received an annoyed groan from the rabbit. He was out of the charging station disassembling some parts of the staff bots you drew faces on.

"What do you want this time?"

"I got a task saying that I should investigate why the megaplex keeps getting brownouts and I have a feeling that you're behind it." you walked to his work table and started to shove some useful robot parts into your pocket.

"So what if I am?" you walked to where he was still ripping apart the staff bot and you tried to steal the cooling fan. Afton slapped your hand away before you could snatch it.

"Buy your own cooling fan, you freeloader."

You scoffed, "Do you know expensive cooling fans are??"

"Maybe you'd have more money if you stop spending it on your dumb chocolates," he mumbled under his breath.

"Hey Pops, do you know anything about love?" he stopped tinkering with the robot scrap and thought back to his family.

"Why do you ask?"

"I guess I'm having trouble with my feelings... about a guy..."

"...Are you talking about a real person or another one of your 2D 'husbands' you keep rambling on about?" a tick mark appeared on your head.

"I CAN GET ANY MAN I WANT AND HE'S VERY MUCH REAL!" you huffed.

"Sure he is..." he remarked sarcastically as he went back to taking apart the staff bot, "If you could 'get any man you want', then why are you asking me for help?"

"I'm having trouble differentiating romantic love from platonic love..."

"Why come to me for help?"

"I need some of that old people's wisdom."

"Ugh, I don't know. You just... know the difference."

"Wow, that totally cleared things up."

"If I help you with your problem will you leave the basement?"

"No promises." Afton thought for a moment before sighing, deciding to take his chances of peace and quiet.

"Platonic love is just seeing someone as a friend and nothing more. There's a limit to what you see with what you can be with that person." his eyes softened as he began to explain the next part, "Romantic love is... where you can see a future with them. A future where you see yourself settling down with them, becoming parents, growing old together, or sharing the same sentiments with you. This kind of love is much stronger. I'm not saying that friendship bond isn't strong. It's just that this is a whole other level."

"How... What if you love your friend in a platonic way but you get the feeling that it's becoming romantic? What do you do to confirm the suspicion that you like them as more than friends?" the rabbit slid a hand down his face in exasperation.

"What kind of relationship are you looking for with them? Do you think about them a lot? Do you care if they date someone else? Do you see a future with them?" You stood there mouth slightly agape.

You were about to say something but William stopped you.

"I refuse to entertain any more questions. Leave now."

"...Fine." you knew you had overstayed your visit so you left the basement but not before stealing more robot parts and distracting the blob with more trash.

You made your way to the locker room and started packing the robot parts in your bag.

You sighed and stared at the ceiling thinking about what the crusty rabbit had just told you.

"Do I see myself in a future with an animatronic bear...?" you asked no one in particular before breaking out in a fit of laughter.

"God, what kind of fanfic-type bullshit am I getting myself into?"

.

.

.

.

.

A/N: Updated July 18, 2022
2 more days before I take a step closer to death

A/N: Updated July 18, 20222 more days before I take a step closer to death