+ three +

I stretched myself first before the volleyball practice started. My attention went to Sunghoon, who was one of Jay's friends. He noticed me looking at him and awkwardly looked away. I cleared my throat and tried to avert my attention somewhere else. Jay and his friends were too intimidating to start a conversation with.

Suddenly, Jay stormed toward the volleyball court with an angry expression. He went to Sunghoon and started ranting about something. He never looked this angry before. I slowly approached the equipment and acted like I was searching for something. I silently eavesdropped on their conversation and widened my eyes when I heard him say Yurin's name.

"She broke up with me. She's in love with this senior guy," he said with anger in his voice. I gulped down my saliva and listened attentively. "I told you Yurin was not the one for you. I don't understand why you like her so much," Sunghoon said back as he drank his water. My heart started beating rapidly as I heard their conversation.

If I ever got into a relationship with Jay, is this how they'll talk to each other about me?

"Excuse me, are you eavesdropping on our conversation?"

I turned around and saw them both glaring at me. Sunghoon had this scary look and Jay was staring at me with his empty eyes. "No, I'm looking for something," I lied and tried to run away. "Aren't you Yurin's friend?" Sunghoon asked again. I could feel my body trembling in fear.

I was about to answer him when the teacher-in-charge called us, "Okay, students. Let's start with the practice." I sighed in relief and immediately went to the girls. Sunghoon was still giving me death stares. I just hoped he wouldn't meet me personally after the practice.

💌

I stopped walking as I reached the school building entrance. Rain was pouring heavily and all the students were running toward their parents' car with their bags as their umbrellas. I frowned when I recalled my parents were working late that day. I couldn't wait until the rain stopped. It was getting late and I hated dark places. I turned around and widened my eyes when I saw Jay walking in my direction. I acted as if I was looking at something else and avoided his gaze. He stood next to me and sighed heavily as he looked at the grey clouds.

He minded his own business and took out an umbrella before opening it. I pouted and looked away, cursing at myself for not being prepared. I watched as he left me and walked in the rain with his umbrella. To my surprise, he stopped walking and came back to me. "Yah, Yoon Hana," he called me with his blank voice. Just hearing him talking was making my heart melt, let alone hearing him calling my name.

He grabbed my hand and placed his umbrella in the palm of my hand. I could feel tingles on my skin as it brushed against his. "You can return it to me tomorrow," was all he said before he ran into the rain with his bag as protection. I tightened my grip around the umbrella and felt my heart bursting at any moment. My lips curved into a small smile as I opened the umbrella. I began my journey home as I thought about the progress that happened that day.

The first time he actually called my name, not just "Yurin's friend". Who knew the rain and the grey clouds could be calming and peaceful. That day made me like rainy weather. All because of him.