𝑬𝒊𝒈𝒉𝒕

Like The Star?

Dear Freya,

My darling, we hope that your first full moon, wasn't too harsh, we could never imagine what you have been through. We only hope that you are safe if you don't want to tell us what happened that is completely up to you, we understand it would be a difficult topic to talk about.

Nora mentioned that you met a boy, who will be showing you around Hogwarts, if I know anything about Minnie, I'm sure he's a great student. How are you finding Hogwarts, I'm so glad you're in Gryffindor, like your aunt and me. My favourite thing was watching the Quidditch games.

Your mother and I have bought tickets to the summer carnival this year, we really hope you can make it home for summer. Ilvermorny said that they should have put something in place for you by that time. I love you, darling. You can come home any time you like.

Love from,

Dad.

Freya smiled, feeling a small tear roll down her cheek, she missed her parents dearly, she wrote back to them though she was unsure if she should write to Erika and Camilla. They weren't talking to her before she left for England, she just hoped they hadn't completely forgotten about her.

She decided to take a walk around the school grounds, her aunt had told her many stories about the grounds. Centaurs and unicorns live in the forbidden forest, though the term forbidden forest made Freya question whether she should actually go in there alone.

"Freya," Remus said from across the common room, he gathered his books hurrying over to her.

"Hey, are you alright?"

"Yes, I wanted to ask about something I read in your book," he said, she nodded waiting for him to ask, he looked around, nodding his head to the door.

"Oh yes, right," she said, realising they couldn't talk openly about their condition around other students. "Would you like to come for a walk with me,"

"Yeah I think that would be nice," he said, hurrying out of the common room with her.

"So what did you want to talk to me about?" she asked,

"I read in one of your books, that instead of a humanoid-looking werewolf if you practise you can turn into an actual wolf,"

"Yeah, I remember reading that too," she said,

"Do you think we could turn into actual wolves?" he asked,

"I don't know I guess we could look up a few things," Freya suggested, "do you think it would feel different being a fully form wolf?"

"Yes, I read in the book, that born werewolves are always fathers and sons, and that they belong to a pack,"

"I read that too, but the pack doesn't have to be lots of werewolves it could just be two like you and me," Freya added

"It also stated that Werewolves, can be tamer if they have a pack, so shall we make our own pack?" he said unsure of himself

"I've only been a werewolf for a month, I'm still getting used to everything changing,"

"I'll help you, there's a quidditch match at the weekend, how about after the game, I show you a little perk to being a werewolf-

"There are perks?" Freya said in disbelief

"Yeah, a better sense of smell, hearing, sight, faster reflexes, it's not all bad I guess,"

***

Freya was most excited about watching her first Quidditch game, though she would have to ask Remus how the game worked. She knew there were seven players on each team, and four balls used in the game, she just wasn't sure of the rules of Quidditch.

Remus showed Freya up into the stands where she could have the best view of the game. She watched as Madam Hooch opened a box, three magical balls flew out into the air. She handled the large ball and threw it up starting the game.

"So how much is each ball worth?" she asked

"You don't have Quidditch in America," Remus questioned, never knowing anyone who didn't understand Quidditch

"We do, just not at Ilvermorny,"

"Well, the Quaffle, the one being thrown to other players, is were 10 points," he began, "the bludgers, the two flying all over the place, the beaters hit them towards the opposing team-

"Isn't that dangerous?"

"Very but the players should be fine if their beaters are good," he said,

"What is the little one?" she asked

"The golden snitch, each team has a seeker, the seeker who catches the snitch first wins 150 points and ends the game,"

Freya studied the game, she knew of Quidditch but she had never seen a game before. She watched as she spotted Remus' friends, she hadn't caught their names yet, however, their quidditch robes read their surnames.

"They're your friends aren't they?" she asked, "Potter and Black,"

"Yeah, James and Sirius,"

"Sirius?" she questioned "Like the star?"

"Yeah, don't tell him he's a star, he got a big enough ego as it is," she laughed,

"You know, you don't have to spend all your time with me," he creased his brows

"No, I like hanging out with you," he smiled at her "it gives me someone to talk to about certain things,"

"Okay, well if it's alright with you, I'll join you and your friends, they must be feeling left out,"

"Yeah, it's your funeral though," he said, she laughed they couldn't be that bad. Gryffindor's seeker spotted the golden snitch racing after it, catching just in before the Ravenclaw seeker could reach it.

"GRYFFINDOR WINS!"