Lando Norris; Stormy Night.

Okay so I'm writing this one on my phone because my brain went 'this is a good idea but don't write it actually in your story book' so here we are

He is a precious baby, he's got such little brother energy, but this is inspired by the F1 YouTube video where he says he's afraid of the dark, because he is a precious pumpkin

Pls enjoy my crackheaded, covid broke stories
-----------------------------------------------
Summer storms were to always be expected, it was a heatwave in England, and of course, it meant that Woking was going to be absolutely washed out in the morning.

Lando and (Y/N) moved in together after deciding support Lando's career, having been friends since birth, they couldn't stand to be separated the entire year, except for the four weeks the driver would be available. Lando took his friend on as a member of his social media team for McLaren, even putting her in his contract negotiations for Zak and Andreas, desperately wanting something from home to be with him at all times, he was still only young.

Lando had been on stream with Charles, George and Alex, just messing around with the simulator and the new F1 22 game, when all of a sudden, the lights went out, bear in mind this was at about 12:30AM. He has a back up battery lamp in his room, being scared of the dark, and thought nothing of the heavy rain pelting it down on his window, deciding to leave the light on, spare batteries next to him, and getting his head down.
Meanwhile, (Y/N) in her room, sat on her laptop, watching the storm move ever closer to their location, looking at the storm path and knowing it would be coming and staying over their house for a while. Her hands agitatedly typed away at the emails from abroad, organising Lando's meet-ups and appearances, when the power struck out, losing all WiFi.

"Well, fuck.'" She mumbled, shutting her laptop down to conserve its power. She fumbled in the drawers in her room, urgently finding her portable charger, making sure she could keep her phone topped off so her earbuds would be running through the night, her phone data being eaten for the night by Spotify.
Lando was blissfully asleep, the small LED in his room softly emminating enough light for him to sleep with, the lightning in the distance making him vaguely unsettled.

About 2:46AM, Lando woke up to a soft knock on his door, it was almost drowned out by the crackle of lightning that lit the sky. He noted, his back up light was dim, the batteries obviously losing power, sitting up and calling out for his roommate.

"(N/N), you can come in..." He softly groaned, still half asleep, his eyes adjusting to the leftover light as his door creaked open. "Are you okay?" He asked softly, the timid figure of his friend slowly moving into the room.

"Uhm, yeah, well, no... The storm... Its kind of, well..." She just about squeaked out, a loud clap of thunder made her jump and squeal, as if it was to try and finish the sentence she began.

Lando softly laughed, pulling himself towards the headboard as he looked at her smaller, shaken frame."I thought you would've grown out of this by now." He pondered, the tears settling in his friend's (E/C) eyes softening his heart. "Get in here then, you muppet."

(Y/N) took to that like a duck to water, almost diving into the bed and hiding under the duvet. Lando's soft laugh bounced around the quiet room, he brought it upon himself many moons ago. At about 13, they were having a summer sleepover, once again, a storm was brewing and when it all kicked off, Lando made the promise that, if they were together, she could enter his room and sleep in his bed.

The one thing that had changed since that incident, was their sleeping habits, garments and bodies. Puberty hit them like damn freight trains. They were usually opposite sleepers, Lando the early bird and (N/N) the night owl. Lando always slept in a Lightning McQueen pyjama set, (Y/N) slept in a replica Ferrari suit.