Chapter 86

Author's Note

Thank you so much for 1 million reads!

So what do you guys think of the new cover? ☺️

***

Professor McGonagall's last words of warning scared Jenna immensely. She had no idea what her brother needed from this book. She didn't even know whether he was looking for a specific spell, or a potion, or another form of magic. What she did know was that he was reckless and foolishly courageous, and that wasn't a good combination.

     On her way to the Gryffindor common room, Jenna skimmed through the pages of the Quest to the Impossible Magic book, and the variation of different magics in there amazed her. From spells that could make a corpse look alive for sixty seconds, or potions that could freeze time for one hour except for the person who drinks it, all the way to explaining the ways of becoming Animagi, the book was filled with different magic that were so complicated and dangerous to try, and almost impossible to succeed at.

     But there were also a few magics explained in there that were truly impossible. For example, Jenna saw that this book contained dark spells that could allow someone to fly, but it also stated that no wizard or witch had ever managed to succeed at it.

     After flipping through its pages as she walked up the stairs of the Gryffindor tower, Jenna finally reached the section about Metamorphmagi. It stated in the book that these wizards and witches are born with such magical power, though there are precious few ways that someone could become a Metamorphmagi.

      The process needed someone who had excelled at Transfiguration, way beyond the N.E.W.T level. A potion also has to be made, though a small mistake in it can cause the person's body to become scrambled, so that their eyes would replace their mouth, and that a hand would grow on top of their head.

     Jenna shuddered at the thought, glad that she was born with it and didn't have to go through all that. Although her interest was caught in the next page, where the book stated that an extremely powerful Metamorphmagus had the ability to even transform themselves into different animals.

      Jenna read through it with envy. She was only powerful enough to change her hair color or smoothen her skin, and the best she could do was to turn her nose into a pig snout as a joke or transform her hand into a lobster's claw to scare James.

     Just as she was about to reach the passage where the book explained how Metamorphmagi could work on their ability and grow more powerful to be able to transform their whole body all at once to look like someone else, Jenna reached the portrait of the Fat Lady.

      Biting her lower lip, Jenna closed the book and stared down at it with wonder as she stood in front of the common room's entrance. Maybe she wasn't born powerful enough to transform into an animal, but she knew with the help of this book she could grow her powers enough to be able to change her whole appearance.

     Imagine all the pranks you can pull if you manage to do this, she told herself. Imagine all the trouble you can get out of...

    "Would you like to come in or are you going to stand here all night?" the Fat Lady's sharp and snarky voice snapped Jenna out of her thoughts.

    "Right... in a minute..." Jenna muttered, and then, she quickly got her backpack off her shoulders before stuffing the book inside it and saying the password to get inside.