四十九 | you should kill me then

四十九
realisation

Flying on Deidara's gigantic clay bird, they were able to track down Kakuzu and Hidan with no difficulty

Hidan and Kakuzu were standing in a deserted area with a few bare branches of trees, and a forest not far off to their left. Standing opposite the two members of the Akatsuki were Team 10 and Hatake Kakashi.

Deidara landed the bird in a secluded spot and took Kuina to watch the fight behind sheds of trees almost an acre away from the fight with binoculars.

"I think they will be fine," Deidara said as he took a seat on the ground comfortably. "You look very anxious, Kuina. Whatever you see with your Fragrance power, you needn't worry about it one bit. After all, I'm right here, I'll change their fate. If anything is doomed to befall them, I'll rush in there to save their day, there's no need to worry at all," he smiled as he laid back on his arms.

Kuina looked at how relaxed Deidara was, and she pressed her lips into a smile. "Thank you, Deidara."

Deidara waved the air. "You know what, I can't wait for them to actually lose, so I can save their asses. It'll be so much fun to see them, especially that stupid Jashinist, being saved by me. I can make them call me saviour for the rest of their lives," he giggled to himself as he began to play with the clay he brought with him in his pocket. "Well, keep your watch, Kuina, I'll just mind myself."

Kuina nodded as she turned away from Deidara and peered through the binoculars, anticipating the fight. Hidan and Kakuzu looked to be in the lead as they moved with good speed and agility, her heart began to grow with a sense of relief. But before she could witness the fight to the end, Deidara suddenly shot up from the ground, snapping Kuina away from her intense observation once again.

Deidara held out a fighting stance as he looked around the trees surrounding them. "Who's there, come out!" He yelled as his hand-mouths munched onto the white clay wildly.

At Deidara's alarm, Kuina instantly shot up from where she sat, her eyes scanning around the area, completely alert. Then, right in front of them, bushes rattled as a shadowy figure threw a kunai, the blade cutting through the air as it advanced towards them. Deidara's eyes widened as he quickly grabbed her, tackling her to the ground to dodge the kunai.

Deidara gritted his teeth as he snapped his gaze at the shadowy figure that was beginning to flee. "Hey, don't run away, coward!" He gritted his teeth as he pushed himself off Kuina and pulled her up. "Kuina, just stay here and observe the fight. I'll go take care of that bastard real quick, no need to fear. Be right back!"

Before Kuina could protest, he dashed into the thick trees, chasing the unknown figure. She was still deep in shock as she stood still, unable to move an inch. But right after Deidara left her sight entirely, the bushes around her rumbled once more. Her breath hitched as she stood unarmed and defenceless as several men dressed like the Leaf's Anbu Black Ops crawled out from the shadow of the trees.