26. Diviner's Secrets

Licht Eralith's POV

"So you are telling me that some so-called deities appeared out of nowhere and bestowed the forefathers of each royal family with two artifacts each?" I inquired once she finished speaking. "Why would they do that? Also what is the use of those artifacts?"

"This is from what all of the inner royal family members are told generation after generation. The artifacts aren't for the royal family or the king to use but rather to bestow them onto their two most powerful subjects under a soul oath through a sort of knighting ceremony." Grandma answered. 

She further explained that besides the artifacts did not only bestow their wielders with immense power but also gave them insight on how to utilize the source of energy which makes up the world and is ever present around them. 

Mana. 

"With this the users of the artifacts shared their knowledge to those whom they deemed capable, thus giving rise to the very first generation of mages." She further added. "The three pairs of artifacts distributed had different attributes and were divided between the humans, elves and dwarves, segregating us all even further."

"So the differences between the elements we are able and those we aren't able to, is because of the artifacts." I summarized to which Grandma gave a confirmative nod. 'Seems elves and dwarves got the shorter ends of the stick.'

"It seems you are onto something." Grandma spoke after a few minutes of silence.

"Well I won't deny that. This tale helped me clear many of my doubts." I answered. 

Firstly it solved the eternal mystery of mine as to why the denizens of this world are able to utilize only limited elements. Secondly, the answer to what Lances are. Lances are those people who are bestowed with the artifacts that upgrades them to the White Core stage, making them the swords and shields for their respective kingdoms. 

This also enables the kings and queens of respective kingdoms to keep a leash on the Lances which means they aren't able to rebel against their respective rulers due to the binding vow that takes place in the knighting ceremony. Since there has been any records of a mage achieving White Core stage without the aid of artifacts till date, the rulers are pretty much confident about that not happening for another century or two. 

After having driven out the Mana Beasts in the Beast Glades, the three races had divided themselves and the harmony between them had been lost. Establishing their own territories in the continent of Dicathen, they began ruling in their said kingdoms. The first war between the three races was the one that gave rise to the three kingdoms after having driven the Beasts into a corner and the second war in which Grandpa was involved was the war between Elves and Humans, with the reason for that being simply the greed of the human king at that time. 

Staring at my empty palm, I wondered whether I should try 'it' out or not. There is no guarantee of it working out or not. I would have to test that out myself. I have already achieved Mana Skin here and also the advanced version of it which was exclusive to use elves. I also learn that without the deep insight and knowledge of mana and how it works, not many can utilize it. 

This was something I learned from tutoring Joshua. It would be rude to say but he has been a good guinea pig when it comes to testing various theories of my own. The next step I am aiming for is Mana Zone and for that I would need to somehow influence the mana in my surroundings. That's one of the key elements of using Mana Zone. 

"Let's talk about that later. How about telling me the reason for this story session." I reminded her, shifting my focus back to the topic at hand. "One could be that Arthur got his Beast Will from a deity and not any mere mana beast."