Chapter 48

EDIT: All new chapter! Better wrap up. The new epilogue will be next!

Even breaths, in and out. There is no need to be nervous. It had been two weeks since her abduction and subsequent escape and Amara was now finally home once again. She had chosen to stay with Silas as she recovered from her injuries and exhaustion, connecting with her newfound parent. Many from the pack had sent flowers or asked if they could go visit her.

The day she had been taken was supposed to be her introduction as the Alpha's mate and therefore the pack's Luna. It was set up to happen during her birthday celebration. Unfortunately, that all went to hell in a handbasket. So today, that would be remedied. That is why Amara is currently checking herself in the mirror, nervously adjusting the thin strap of her dress.

"Stop fidgeting brat. They all already love you and any that don't will just have to get with the program" Elsie says as she comes up behind Amara dressed in a gorgeous gold dress with a dipping neckline and braids pulled up into a bun. Her arms wrap around Amara, bending slightly so her chin rests on her daughter's shoulder. They were still working on mending the strain that had been put on their relationship but the love between them had not diminished and Amara was happy to have her mom with her.

"I'm not fidgeting" Amara protests with a pout but takes another fortifying breath, straightens her shoulders, and nods to herself. Her eyes meet Elsie's in the mirror and they share a smile before the two make their way out of Amara's room and down to the packed ballroom. It takes everything in Amara not to shrink back when eyes start turning her way but one look at Maddox waiting for her on the other side of the room makes everything else go away.

She loves this man and has come to love this pack. There is no need for nerves because she has no doubts. It's been a difficult ride but she is surrounded by so much love and loyalty that it's almost overwhelming.

Amara practically floats the rest of the way to Maddox, her hand being enveloped in his larger one. Carter is to his right and he comes forward to press a kiss to Amara's temple who flashes him a fond grin, still not over the fact that she now has a brother.

Maddox guides her hand to rest on the crook of his elbow as he holds his arm out to escort her to the raised platform so he can address the pack. A thrum of excitement and anticipation is filling the room. Amara smiles softly when she sees the kids vibrating with energy, happily weaving through the mass of adults. Maddox clears his throat, effortlessly commanding everyone's attention.

"As you all know, this celebration is overdue. A lot has gone down in recent times but we overcame it the way we always do, together, as a pack!" Maddox pauses as everyone starts cheering and howling, an amused smirk on his lips. "Tonight, we celebrate many things but one stands out as special. Not only for myself and this pack. I want to officially introduce Amara Johansen as my Mate and the Luna of the Onyx Moon pack!"

The cheers are deafening and it fills Amara with such an intense feeling of love and belonging that it's almost overwhelming. Her family, both new and old, Sina, Alesha, Kaede, and Scottie, all new friends that have found a place in my heart. There are too many to name but all have become special to her and Amara internally vows to always be there for them the way they have been there for her.

Peaking up at Maddox, she sees nothing but pride and love in his eyes and knows that no matter the struggles they had faced, joining Onyx Moon was the best decision she had ever made. The celebration kicks off and only gets rowdier after the kids are sent off when their bedtimes roll around. Amara takes turns dancing with everyone but she always gets pulled back to Maddox, always in his orbit. There is no protest from her when Maddox pulls her away and up to their room. As fun as the night had been she longed for the quiet intimacy between the two of them with no one to get in the way.

With strong yet gentle hands and experienced motions, Maddox removes her beautiful green dress allowing it to fall on the floor. The Alpha takes his time, discarding every piece she is wearing while leaving heated kisses across her skin. The moment is special, with so much being said and expressed without the need for words. That night, they finally complete their bond, now fully mated and connected until the end of time.