V

JANE IVERS
9/30/22
BOARDING SCHOOL MURDERS - ENTRY 2
TRANSCRIPT OF INTERVIEW WITH HENRY VITIELLO

JANE: Define your relationship with Dante Luciano.

NORMAN: We're bros. I'm only a few dorm rooms away from him, so we bump into each other a bunch. Why?

HENRY: She asks the questions, not you.

JANE: Did you find Dante acting unusual at all September twenty-fourth?

NORMAN: No, he seemed pretty normal. He drank more than he usually did that night, though.

JANE: Would you happen to know why?

NORMAN: He said something about grades, I'm not sure.

JANE: And at this party, was Jeremiah Shaw there?

NORMAN: Yeah, he just played beer pong most of the night.

JANE: Were you two close?

NORMAN: Not really, we shared a few classes and were in the same friend group, but that's about it.

JANE: And did this friend group happen to consist of Angel Rith and Alex Anderson?

NORMAN: It did before they were-well,-

HENRY: Murdered. Do you need me to spell it out for you? (Thud) Jane, darling, your heels barely pierce when you kick me.

JANE: Don't mind him. Were you close with either of the two?

NORMAN: Yes, Alex. We grew up in the same gated neighborhood. And before you ask, no I didn't find anything unusual with him that day. We talked like normal, and by the time I was in bed... he was dead.

JANE: And Angel?

NORMAN: Didn't he die from choking on something?

HENRY: Autopsy said he his drink was poisoned. He choked on a poisonous plant.

NORMAN: I wasn't close with Angel. No classes, same friend group but we barely clashed.

HENRY: And by friend group you mean society.

NORMAN: How'd you know about that?

HENRY: I guess your society isn't so secret.

JANE: Did you just reference-

HENRY: I knew you'd catch on to it.

NORMAN: Reference?

JANE: Nothing.

HENRY: None of your business.

JANE: Could you write a list of all the members?

NORMAN: Will we be done here?

JANE: Yup.

HENRY: Nope. I want you to inform me every time there's a new party or get together.

NORMAN: And why would I do that?

HENRY: The same reason you've been trying to hide the fact you got into a fight with Alex the same day he went missing.

NORMAN: How did you know about that?

HENRY: He has a big mouth.

NORMAN: I didn't do it.

HENRY: Jane, why do idiots believe their word means a thing to me?

JANE: What was the fight about, Norman.

NORMAN: I swear, it wasn't anything that big. We're dudes, we fight about a lot. We fought once about car models.