17

"Are you feeling better?" Colby asked as he tapped his fingers on the desk in front of him.

"No." I said as he sighed, slightly annoyed. "I wish you would have told me, I would have gotten the medication sooner." He said as I shrugged.

"You didn't ask." I said again as he nodded. "Right. Well I think it's time we discuss something that happened last night." He said as I scrunched my brow.

"If it's about us sleeping together I know it was just the drugs." I said as he shook his head.

"Not that." He said then looked at a box that was on the desk.

"Who was that man you were dancing with last night?" He asked as I raised my brows. "Jealous?" I asked as he shook his head.

"No, smart ass." He said then sighed. "You're in danger." He said and looked up at me. "Well yeah, I've been in danger this entire time." I said as he shook his head and pulled out the poetry book I've been reading.

"Someone was in your room last night and they know about you." He said as my blood ran cold.

"Why do they care about me? Th-there's other girls in the house.." I said and started picking at my nails.

"The other girls are painted to be sleeping with me." He said as I clenched my jaw.

"So this is your fault! You just HAD to tell everyone that I'm fucking you WHEN I'M NOT. Now someone is fucking after me?" I asked as he rolled his eyes.

"Calm the fuck down. They're not necessarily after you just yet. They want you to come to a banquet with the guys and myself." He explained.

"I don't know why they want to meet you, but we need to prepare you." He said as I squinted at him.

"I'm not going to some fucking banquet! You can't make me go!" I said as he groaned and slammed his fist on the desk, startling me.

"Juliana, I will not hesitate to send you off somewhere horrible if you don't calm the fuck down." He said and glared at me.

"If you don't go then there's no way I can guarantee your safety." He said with a sigh.

"Either you come with us so I can ensure you are safe or you can get grabbed by them and they can do whatever they want to you. Your choice." He said as I closed my eyes.

"Please." I begged and looked at him. "Please what?" He asked with confusion. "Just let me go home.." I said as my eyes watered.

"I can't, Julia. I wish I could but I can't. It's just too dangerous." He said and sighed.

"So I'm just supposed to let them find out who I am so they can kill my family? That's the plan?" I asked and wiped a tear that fell onto my cheek.

"No. The plan is to teach you how to fight. How to safely handle a gun. We go to the banquet and you let me do all the talking." He said as I breathed a watery laugh.

"Be your submissive little pet." I grumbled. "Julia, stop it. If you want to keep your family safe you'll listen to me." He said and leaned back in his chair.

"Give me one good reason as to why I should trust you." I said as he chuckled. "I've been in this business a very long time. That should be reason enough." He said as I shook my head.

"So far you've been sloppy. Letting your guys take random girls for no reason. Being too wasted to realize someone snuck up into your room, which by the way why am I staying in?" I asked as he narrowed his eyes.

He didn't answer so I just shrugged. "You don't communicate to your men and they just do whatever the hell they want. It doesn't surprise me that you have a snake amongst you." I said as he rolled his eyes.