⟪ DAYDREAMERSW ⟫

Username: daydreamersw

Preferred Book Genres: Romance, Fantasy, Mystery

Genres/Troupe I will not be reading: Not applicable, I'm happy to have a go at anything.

Mature/LGBTQ+: Yes! Yes! Yes!

What to know about you as a reviewer: I do like to give criticisms as well as the praise of a book. These criticisms are constructive and should be taken as a belief in an author's blossoming talent, not insults! I write reviews because I'm a learning writer myself and therefore have realized the importance of peer review. Writing is a craft that can only be honed with practice and mistakes. I look forward to helping you embrace yours!

Any hobbies/interests: Reading, Baking, Swimming, Listening to Music (obsessed)

Any previous experience in reviewing: Nothing except a Goodreads account.

Time taken for each review: 7 days maximum bearing in mind this would probably be if I was asked to read a whole book. If you want a review of the first 5 chapters, for example, 2 days maximum. So basically, it varies.

Focus points (things I will focus on in the review): Points of appeal. Points of improvement. Obviously, there are plenty of subcategories within these sections but let's keep it simple for now. If you have a particular section, you'd like to ask me to focus on I am happy to also do so. For example, characterization, themes, plot development, writing style, grammar, spelling, description. 

The range of words the review will have: Quality over quantity. I'm not a big word counter, I'll say what needs to be said not write something to hit a number. This said, my ballpark figure is usually about 500 words when I get given 5 chapters to review. Word count increases with the amount of material I am given.

Number of chapters I will be reading: 3 to 5 chapters minimum...I'm happy to change this based on the client but obviously you must be aware that more chapters mean more time taken!

Any payment:

#A permanent follow

#A note posted on your message board saying that you are asking me to do a review! Do tag me along...

***

JUDGING RUBRIC:

Characterization (Dialogue, Moments of Interaction, Quirks, Hamartia): (15 points)

Plot (Purpose, Progression, Engagement): (15 points)

Themes (What does the book intend to market/highlight/communicate/critique): (10 points)

Individuality (What does your book bring to the table) :(5 points)

Basics (Spelling, Punctuation, Grammar and Layout): (5 points)

TOTAL: 50 POINTS

***

I take ONE book at a time as I like to devote my full attention to one author.

 I understand this might make my waiting list a little longer.

But it also ensures that when I do accept your review you know that you are the only client I am focusing on! :)

***

Looking forward to reading your book...

Happy Reading!

Sienna❤️