𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝟏𝟒

────── ✼✼✼ ──────

────── ✼✼✼ ──────

𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝟏𝟒
𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐘𝐎𝐔𝐍𝐆 𝐇𝐄𝐑𝐎𝐄𝐒

────── ✼✼✼ ──────

After a night of icing her injuries while watching the Incredibles with her best friend, Alex found herself sitting between Atlas and Peter and across from Michelle in the library the following afternoon, waiting for Mr. Harrigton to arrive. The speedster tapped her feet on the ground while trying her best to remain patient, something she always lacked. All she wanted to do was get through Decathlon practice and go home. Even though her wounds were mostly healed, the Easton girl's whole body was sore and it hurt to move just an inch. She was able to ignore it for the most part and get through the next day at school, but she just couldn't wait to get home and lie on the couch for a few hours.

It wasn't much longer after that when Mr. Harrington entered the library and walked over to the table they were sitting at. A large smile decorated his face as he sat down at the head of the table and placed their trophy down in front of him.

"Congratulations, Decathlon National Champions!" the brunette man exclaimed, causing everyone sitting around the table to clap and cheer before he readjusted the trophy so everyone could see it, "I'm gonna have to put this back in the trophy case soon, but just for motivation right now at this practice. I'm a little ahead of the game, but we will need a new team captain next year. So, I am appointing Michelle."

The girl in question instantly looked over at Mr. Harrington with shock in her eyes as her teammates began clapping once again. It wasn't long after that when a small smile made its way onto her face as the cheering around her began to die down. "Uh, thank you. My-my friends call me MJ."

"I thought you didn't have any friends," Ned said, ignoring the irritated look that Atlas was sending his way.

"I didn't," MJ responded with an awkward smile, earning the same gesture in return from everyone that surrounded her.

Before their conversation could continue, Peter's phone began to vibrate. Alex glanced over at the brunette boy as he read over the text on his screen. A confused look soon formed on his face while his eyes scanned over the message once again. Just as the speedster was about to ask what was wrong, the Parker boy turned his phone so that she could read the text.

UNKNOWN NUMBER:
Go to the bathroom.
Bring Alex with you.

"We, uh, we gotta go," Peter announced after he and Alex exchanged an uncertain look then they began to grab their things. 

"Hey, where are you going? What are you two hiding?" MJ questioned, causing the heroes to look up at her with wide eyes before they glanced over at Ned and Atlas. When their eyes landed back on the curly-haired girl, the three of them had a staring contest before MJ let out a small laugh. "I'm just kidding. I don't care. Bye."