。forty eight 。

♡

adella, robin and nancy all walked around the house, shining their torches around each corner, looking for something that could give them a clue. adella kept her fingers linked with robin's as the sandy-blonde swung their arms subconsciously while they walked. steve suddenly crashed out of a room with spider webs in his mass of hair.

"what's wrong?" nancy asked with a gasp for some reason.

"there was a spider." steve replied. "it's a black widow."

"black widow's gorgeous." adella whispered to robin who hummed in agreement. "i would let her kill me."

"that's concerning but i 100% agree." robin mused.

"don't go in there." steve told nancy.

"oh, oh." nancy grimaced. "wait-"

"something?" steve asked, moving away from her to brush his fingers over his hair.

"wait. stop moving." nancy ordered and steve listened. "stop. i just... i got it. i got it."

"thank you." steve muttered and adella shook her head in disgust.

"if there's a spider nesting in there, you're never gonna find it till it lays eggs and all the babies spill out." robin taunted as her and adella walked past.

"what's wrong with you?" steve snapped and the couple laughed. "robin, seriously."

"calm down, spider-man." adella chuckled. "ooh, maybe they are radioactive."

"you're not helping!" steve called.

"really wasn't trying to." adella grinned, leaning on robin's shoulder.

"she's got problems." steve mumbled.

"tell me about it." nancy said in a weirdly breathy voice and adella rolled her eyes, kissing the back of robin's hand making her smile.

"it's cool you three are friends now." steve continued although adella wouldn't agree. "maybe after we find vecna, kill him, save the world and stuff, maybe we can all go out or something. you know? me, you, robin, ella, jonathan, when he's back. it's not like we're dating. me and robin or me and adella. not like we're dating. right, they told you that? that we're not?"

"yes. they made that very clear." nancy said.

"platonic with a capital p." robin spoke up.

"yep. thank you." steve called and robin gave him a thumbs up.

"don't you think that's wrong, those two?" adella whispered.

"what, steve and nancy?" robin asked.

"yeah. nancy's with jonathan and steve's still hung up on her so if she's just gonna mess with his feelings just because she's missing jonathan. it's not exactly fair." adella explained.