7. "Here comes the bride."

Chapter Seven

Elena's POV

"He's not coming," Sheila said after talking to Adonis' secretary on the phone.

"Great. After an hour of keeping me waiting for him, he just advised that he's not coming. As if my time is not as precious as him?"

Her lips pursed, her expression indicated the obvious answer to my question, "he intended to come, but there's an urgent business meeting that he has to attend."

"Really? Or he just wants to get back at me for standing him up,"

"Well, he could be," her eyes looked intrigued, "who knows what's going on inside that gorgeous head."

I put down the wedding planner's catalog, then leaned closer to her, "he should have asked me, not grandpa, because I was the one he would be having dinner with. I hate it when I won't be asked, as if I don't have any say in anything."

"I'm sure he already knows that by now."

"I doubt if he's that sensitive to others," I shrugged my shoulders, "the more I get to know him, the more I dislike him. He's just as domineering and controlling as grandpa."

"Hmm... or maybe not. I'm sure your opinion of him will change once you get to know him well."

"Wanna bet on that?" I answered Sheila kiddingly.

I should have known. Adonis did not care at all about the wedding. Never did he come and meet the wedding coordinators, even just to show his face or pick flavors of the wedding cake. He was off to Dubai, California, Singapore and Paris. 

Adonis' POV

*Wedding day

What the hell's going on?

I stood there at the side of the wedding arch, merely staring at my bride.

Elena walked down the aisle, wearing an all black provocative wedding gown, with a long trail of black sheer veil. The slit of her gown was so high revealing too much of her thigh. She was also holding a bouquet of black roses that made her appearance look strange.

I was shocked and tongue-tied, so was everyone inside the Stavrakos Grand Ballroom who came to witness the marriage ceremony.

She looks like she's going to a funeral! And whose funeral, I wonder. Hers or mine.

Probably hers. She seems to be conveying to everyone that she sees our marital union as a funeral!

Then why was she acting like a rebellious bride? She already humiliated me by turning up an hour late, and now wearing a black wedding gown!

What game is she playing?

I stood straight, refusing to be moved. She mustn't play games with me, because I can play better than her.

Elena refused to look at me, her eyes focused at the old minister, as if she was walking towards him. It gave me the opportunity to study her face. Her facial bones were delicately carved, her mouth full, and her nose exquisitely dainty. She had a chin of iron determination, making her look very confident and strong.

The more I stared at her, the more I found her very captivating. She was an extremely beautiful bride, despite the black wedding gown. I even found it so hard to keep my eyes off her.

Our eyes finally locked, and I gave her a smile. She did not return my smile, instead she ignored me.

Hmm... Let's see how long are you going to keep up with this attitude.

The old minister officiated the wedding in a slow motion ceremony. I could feel everyone's boredom. When it was time for the bride and groom to kiss, the ambience became alive.

"You may kiss the bride," the minister repeated.

I turned to Elena, and smiled at her wickedly. My smile was reciprocated with a warning look.

"Smile Elena, and act like a happy bride."

"Damn you," she hissed, and that made me raise my eyebrows. 

No one play games with me and get away with it. 

Before she could protest again, I pulled her in my arms and kissed her.