『 lantern rite 』

Venti POV:

The lantern festival was tomorrow, also known as 'Lantern Rite, 海燈節'. I knew that it was a special event hosted in Liyue, just like the windblume festival in monstadt. It's a very cultural event, and so I decided I was going to ask Xiao to come with me, as a date.

Even if I didn't ask him, I knew he would go anyway. Since it's also tributes to him, for being the defender of Liyue. After all, The lanterns were made/named after him.

"Venti?" I heard a familiar voice come from behind me.

"Ah, Xiao!" I said, turning around and smiling at him.

"Are you busy?" He asked me in a monotone-like voice.

"No, do I look like I'm busy?" I joked, he just crossed his arms over his chest awkwardly.

"Well.. I was wondering if you could come with me to.. Lantern Rite? It would be weird to spend it alone. And, I mean.. I want you to share your first experience of this event, together, with me." Xiao said, avoiding eye contact and a slight pink tint going across his face.

I just looked at him, and smiled. I was originally going to ask him, but he asked me first. I honestly loved it when he asked me to go out with him, because of the fact that he never did. Xiao isn't really the type of person that would ask someone to hang out with him, which is why I always loved how I felt so special.

"Of course, I would love to go with you!" I said to him in a cheerful voice.

He put on a small smile and came up to me, without a single word, he held my face and kissed me right on the lips, I kissed him back, closing my eyes. We broke the kiss and just stayed in that position, him holding my face. I stared right into his golden eyes. His eyes truly were beautiful, it reminded me of a warm golden sunset, swooping over the horizon, Blinding lights of color going everywhere.

"Your eyes are beautiful, Xiao." I said to him, he let go of my face and looked away, embarrassed, as he blushed.

"Yours are, too.." He muffled in a low tone. I just giggled at him.

"Come, lets get ready for bed, after all, we have a big day tomorrow!!" I said to him as I held his hand.

He nodded and we got ready for bed, awaiting the next day.

The next day quickly arrived, me and Xiao got ready and headed out. The streets were covered with Xiao lanterns and it was all yellow, red, gold, and orange.

"Wahh!! It's so pretty!" I exclaimed in excitement as i looked around, Liyue definitely was extra, Everything was covered top to bottom with decorations and traditional.

As soon as Xiao walked onto the streets, he was showered with gifts and cards. Though, the weird thing was, he rejected all of the gifts and treats given to him.

"Xiao, why are you pushing away all the gifts given to you?" I asked him later on as I munched on grilled tiger fish, sitting on a bench. Xiao was sat next to me, also eating traditional food.

"Uhm... mainly because I just want to enjoy the festival myself. And, it's annoying to always have people swarming around you, even if you are the defender of your own nation. What would I even do with those gifts anyway? I'd throw them all away either way." Xiao said honestly.

"Oh..." I said in a low tone.

"...not that I want to enjoy the festival myself, I wouldn't have celebrated in Liyue if it weren't for you..." Xiao said, reaching for my hand, holding it. I smiled.

As we ate, A male with blonde hair, tied neatly into a braid, cascading down his back, walked by.

"Ah- Aether!" I said, waving to him. I than saw the girl with white hair, floating beside him, peek out.