XXXIII - Apology

I need to talk to Jeremiah, it's almost been a week. Maybe I overreacted.

But when I go to open my door, he's there. Standing right outside it with a fist up, clearly he was about to knock.

"We need to talk." We say in unison.

I nod and motion for him to come in, closing the door behind him.

We sit on my bed and avoid looking at each other for a minute.

"I wanted to say sorry." I admit.

"No, I'm- I'm sorry. I went all out on someone we hadn't discussed yet." He says.

"Exactly, we hadn't discussed her yet. It wasn't fair for me to hold a grudge." I say.

We both nod in agreement at each other's statements. 

"Did we just," He pauses and smiles, "Apologize to each other, sincerely?"

We both laugh.

"I think we did." I say through a laugh.

We finish up our talk and apply a few more ground rules so that we don't have anymore bumps in the road.

"Wait, Jere!" I stop him before he can leave my room.

"Yeah?" He turns back to me.

"I need an," I make quotes with my fingers, "'escort' to the deb ball."

He squints his eyes in question.

"I need you to be mind until our plan magically works. That way, when Belly asks you, you know all the dances. Conrad's already been one so when I ask him he'll be able to jump right in." I explain.

"Gotcha, yeah, I can be your 'escort' for now." He nods. "What do I have to do?" He asks.

I laugh, "Well we have a few more deb things this week I need you to attend. And to do that... I need to teach you a few of the dances."

"How many is 'a few'?" He asks cautiously.

"Like three." I say.

I pull out my phone and start a song. 

"Come on." I say with my hand out, awaiting his.

He takes my hand and we start working on the steps.

"No to the left!" I laugh after he steps on my foot slightly.

(A/N: you guys are wearing socks. i can't get over the belly and conrad scene where their dogs are out.)