~ 40

Yuki held Seiichi's hand while they travelled through the unfamiliar world. The streets were lit and lined with red lanterns and small candles that hovered above the pavement.

Many species of Yokai walked past them like a normal street in the human world. Some wore their human face, while others proudly flaunt their real identity.

It was all knew to Yuki. The people, the atmosphere and the way the Yokai world felt so distant to her.

She squeezed the hand she held, huddling closer towards the fox.

"Hm?" Seiichi looks down, noticing the girl was quite frightened from the amount of Yokai that walked in and around her.

He held her closer to him, resting his hand on her shoulder. Until another Kitsune comes into view.

"Seiichi? What's a wayward fox doing here in the red markets?" The tall man says, his 9 tails laying bare on his behind.

The stranger wore a sly smile, while looking down at Seiichi. His hair was an auburn brown and his eyes were a pale green.

Seiichi raises his eyes towards the fox and narrows them.

"It's been a while Yuri." He says politely, but annoyed at the fact he was speaking to a nine tails.

Despite Seiichi's age and status in the Yokai world, Kitsune continue to disown him due to the lack of respect he has.

"Hmph. And who's this young lady?" The fox bends his knees, crouching in front of Yuki.

Yuki shy's away, hiding behind Seiichi's legs, while still peaking around.

The fox laughs at her fear and backs away, standing back to his feet.

"A little jumpy isn't she?" He asks, looking back down at Seiichi.
"Don't tell me the infamous Seiichi is taking in young Yokai now?" The man laughs out loud, disturbing the passerbys.

"It's nothing of the thought. And anyway... Why the hell would I tell you?" Seiichi replies back.

Yuri scoffs, rolling his eyes. The tone in Seiichi's voice was unwelcoming and blunt. He wanted to make it clear, he didn't want to speak with Yuri.

"Still arrogant and stubborn as you have always been, little fox." Yuri grunts, tapping Seiichi's nose.

"Id watch my tongue, Yuri. Have you forgotten who's presence your standing in?" Seiichi's eyes glowed yellow, his energy seeping from his body.
"Know your place in the presence of the Clan-head of the Inari Clan... if you do not want to be executed by the very hands of your own clan head, then keep your trap shut."

Seiichi pushes past Yuri, dragging Yuki away from the snobby nine tails.

"Your capabilities are over exaggerated, Seiichi! Don't believe you're of importance just because you're the eldest Kitsune in the clan." Yuri calls out, his voice trailing off in the crowd as Seiichi ignored him.

Yuki looks back at Yuri, who now turned his back. They both walked deeper into the crowd, nudging and pushing their way through.

"Um... Seiichi, who was that?" She asked, plucking up the courage to speak.

Her eyes gaze up at his, surprised that he was angered by something.

"No one..." He goes quite.
"Just another pathetic nine tails that does nothing to benefit his clan." He replied.

"Just then, before...you mentioned you're the Inari Clans leader?" She continues to question.

Seiichi stops in an area where no crowd was pushing and pulling on them. He glances down at the girl, skeptical if it was worth answering her questions.