XXXIX - Night Swim

JEREMIAH POV:

***

It's been a week since she's even looked at me. I screwed up big time. I really thought we were on the same page.

I punch my pillow full force. Goddammit Y/n.

I go out tonight for a swim. The girls always claimed it was a good way to clear your head.

Of course though, I don't get the opportunity because Belly's out here too.

"Hi," She says.

"Hi."

"What're you out here for?" She asks. "You never go for night swims."

"Just needed to think, you?" I ask.

"I broke things off with Cam." She admits.

"Woah, why? I thought you really liked each other." I say.

"We do- did. I just- couldn't justify being with him if I had my eyes on another person." She says, slowly swimming closer.

"Another person?" I ask following her actions.

"Yeah," She nods.

Her hand grazes my arm. I look down under the water and stare at the action for second.

"It's you, Jere." She says slowly.

And that's it, she pulls me into a kiss.

A firework goes off nearby us and we pull apart quickly, Belly looks at where it went, but I look at where it came from.

My girl, standing where I lit the first firework at Belly and Conrad. I can barely see detail in her silhouette, but I could read her face from a hundred miles away...

What the fuck have I done.