XLI - Played

I go to open the door, but when I do Belly and Conrad fall through the doorway.

"What the-" I say loudly as they fall in front of me.

They both look at each other with wide eyes then start awkwardly laughing at Jere and I.

"What're you guys doing?" He asks.

"Uh- we uh," Conrad pauses, thinking.

"Are you guys together now?" Belly blurts out.

"Um," I look back a Jeremiah. "Yeah." I say slowly.

Belly lets out a held breath, "Phew, we can finally tell them Con." She smiles.

"Tell us what?" Jeremiah and I say in unison.

"It worked!" Conrad exclaims and gives Belly a high five before they both stand up.

"What worked?" Jeremiah and I say in unison again.

"We got you guys together, for real!" Belly squeals.

"HUH?!" We say.

"Well, you see, when you both started hanging out together we got suspicious." Belly explains.

Conrad nods, "And so we tried to figure out what was going on."

Belly continues his sentence, "It took us a little while into your scheme."

"By that she means two days." Conrad adds with a smug look.

"All we really had to do was get into your phone. Your birthday, Y/n, really?" She jokes.

"It was supposed to be Stevens.." I mumble.

"Anyways, we saw you guys texting about your little plan." Belly laughs.

I get a fat blush on my face, that is so embarrassing.

"Calm down, we thought it was cute." She assures, "Even if we don't see you guys like that."

Didn't need to add the last part Belly, we got it...

"But you guys were perfect together, in attempts to not be perfect together, so that you'd be perfect for us?" Conrad sounds confused trying to puzzle the whole sentence out.

"And it was too cute for us not to want you guys to actually end up together." Belly finishes with a smile.

Jeremiah and I are obviously taken aback.

"But you- we, kissed?" He asks Belly, "You broke up with Cam over it?"

She shakes her head with a smile, "You guys were being so stubborn we had to do something big. And as for Cam, he thought the whole thing would be funny. We are still very much together."

"And you-" I look over to Conrad.

"Was all apart of the plan?" He shrugs smugly.

My mouth opens slightly and I look between the two, "You guys are evil geniuses."

"We try," Belly says and they high five.

"Get out!" I laugh and shove them out of my room. "And no more secret listening, stalkers!"

"Oh my, God." I look at Jeremiah with my back pressed to the door.

He still looks dazed.

"Did we get- played trying to play?" He asks.

I nod and can't contain my laugh any longer, he joins in.

"Well their plan worked." He leans in and kisses me.

"Not exactly mad about it." He adds, grabbing onto my waist before kissing me again.

(A/N: I'm gonna toot my own horn here for a sec bc I wrote 12 chapters today and I'm still going for y'all ;) 

actually... maybe i just have no life :p )