she feels bad when you accidentally break your leg because of her (requested)

"Why won't you talk to me?" You asked as Hailee helped you into bed.

She sighed as she put your crutches against the wall, near the bed.

"You're acting distant from me and I don't understand why. I thought if I broke a bone around you, you'd be more caring and attentive to me than ever before. Which says a lot since you're always that way with me." You said with a small smile.

You gently grabbed her hand and intertwined your fingers together, making her look up from her feet and into your eyes.

"Hailee, come on. Make me feel better. Let me hear your pretty voice." You said with a small pout, tugging at her heart by doing so.

"I feel bad." She mumbled quietly as she sat down beside you, careful not to touch your leg even in the slightest.

"What? Why?" You asked as you furrowed your eyebrows, both confused by her words as well as saddened.

"It's my fault that you broke your leg."

"How?" You chuckled. "Hailee, we were playing. We always mess around!"

"Yeah, true, I always tickle you and tease you and chase you through the house before pulling you into my arms when I catch up to you. But I was too rough when we were playing around and I hurt you! I broke your leg!"

"Accidentally!" You reminded her. "Hailee, it's fine. It wasn't done on purpose and my leg is fine. It's broken but it's going to heal sooner or later and when it does, I'll be back to my normal self."

She looked away from your eyes and to your hand that was still wrapped in hers.

Your thumb brushed across her knuckles softly as you gazed at her with beautiful eyes of love.

"Please don't beat yourself up for this." You begged. "I love you and I don't blame you. I'll be fine, especially considering the fact that I've got you here with me."

That brought a cute little smile to her face.

But as she looked up from your intertwined hands, she stared into your eyes and you saw the guilt in them.

"Stop, Hailee." You softly said. "Don't be distant with me and don't feel bad."

"I just hate seeing you in pain. It broke my heart when you got hurt."

"That's normal. I'd feel the same. But it doesn't change the fact that this was all just an accident. You'd never purposely hurt me, I know that for certain."

"Not ever, Y/N. I swear." She said as she brought your hand to her lips.

"Exactly. So stop blaming yourself and give me cuddles."

She chuckled before leaning in to steal a sweet kiss from your lips.

"Before I lay down to cuddle with you, do you need anything? Are you hungry? Or thirsty?"

"I could use some water." You said.

"Okay. One glass of cold water coming right up."

"And cuddles!" You said as she got up from the bed and exited the room.

She looked back at you before turning the corner, blowing you a kiss before smiling at you.

"Yes and cuddles, baby girl." She giggled before going to grab you some water.

She returned a moment later and held the glass as you took a few sips before putting it down on the nightstand beside you.

After, she got into bed and laid down next to you.

You put your head on her chest and listened to her heartbeat as she sang to you, careful not to bump or touch your leg under any circumstances as she held you and let you find all the comfort you need right now.