CH. 37

none of y'all guessed it. 😂

this was long overdue though. Let's get into it.

Soleil grabbed a few tissues from the tissue box that Dr. Walsh passed over to her. She dabbed under her eyes where fresh tears had fallen, the room was complete silence with the exception of the cars that passed by outside, and the ticking of the clock on the wall.

Dr. Walsh continued to study Soleil's body language, the young woman hadn't been in her office for ten minutes before she burst into tears.

It started off as the same routine, Soleil gets called into the office, and they sit in silence for about five or ten minutes to let her decompress.

"How are you feeling today?" Was all that Dr. Walsh was able to question her before the waterworks appeared.

Dr. Walsh sat and observed Soleil during the time that they sat in silence, something that she usually did. She could tell when something was bothering Soleil. She was fidgety, unable to sit still.

Though she was antsy, the young woman held a concentrated expression on her face as she stared out of the window as she usually did during her sessions.

The way her black orbs hastily darted around at the surroundings outside, evidently, there was something burdensome on her mind.

"I'm sorry," Soleil was barely able to croak out through her tears. She sniffled, continuing to dab her face—but that did no justice, as fresh, new tears continued to replace the ones that she dabbed away.

"It's okay, take as much time as you need to gather yourself. We have plenty of time here," Dr. Walsh assured her, shifting in the chair to get a little more comfortable. "Is it one of those days?"

"That's what Monday started off as..." Soleil swallowed hard, looking up at the ceiling, trying to blink away more tears. "But it just kept escalating and getting worse—and I, I think I just snapped,"

"Tell me what happened,"

Soleil let go of a heavy sigh, dropping her hands into her lap. "My morning was already starting off bad because I had a blowout," she started to explain.

"I already told y'all what street I'm on—look, if y'all can't send someone out here then don't worry about it, I'll find someone else," Soleil snapped, ending the call. She tossed her phone into the passenger's seat, and rested her head back on the headrest, on the verge of tears.

She was heading toward campus for the day, having to get together with a few of her classmates to finish their project. They had been communicating through text throughout the process, but one of their classmates had internet issues that wouldn't be fixed until tomorrow—which, unfortunately, is when their project was due.

So to make matters much easier, and go over their talking points for their presentation, they decided that they would meet up at the library.

Not even fifteen minutes after she left her house, she had a blowout. Luckily she was able to handle the wheel and get to the side of the road safely without causing any accidents, but it scared her half to death when she heard something pop from the back passenger side.