Chapter 112

Seeing as Regulus had quitted the Slytherin Quidditch team this year, Diana didn't enjoy the practices at all, the way she used to. Although now the only thing she liked about Quidditch was that she pictured the Bludgers as Evan Rosier's head and aimed her bat at them, hitting them as hard as she possibly could.

Even the Quidditch captain who wasn't exactly fond of Diana told her that she was doing much better than the previous years.

Even though Diana and Remus could no longer spend some alone time together, afraid that Avery or Mulciber would tell about them to Rosier, they still found ways to be in each other's company.

     For instance, Remus always made time to show up at Diana's Quidditch practices. He would bring a book with himself, pretending to be reading it on the stands, meanwhile he kept stealing glances at her. Although he had to contain himself and hold himself back from shouting cheerfully each time she made an extremely good hit at the Bludger with her bat.

By the time the first Quidditch match of the season arrived, the October trees blushed and the Hogwarts grounds turned a beautiful color of red and orange as the students looked down at it from the classroom windows.

Gryffindors had won the Quidditch Cup the previous year, which led the Slytherins to work harder and to bring on their best game. But whether it was the new strategies they were using this year or that the Gryffindors weren't at their best, Diana and her team won the match in the end when the Slytherin Seeker caught the Snitch.

After the celebration in the field came to an end and the students began to leave one by one, Diana walked into the girls' locker room all on her own, glad that she didn't share the place with the boys on her team. She could shower and change in peace, with no one around, seeing as she was the only girl on their team.

Regulus had been the only one of them that she liked, but now, with him off the team, there wasn't even a single player in the Slytherin team that Diana could stand. Although it made her feel sad and morose that Regulus hadn't even bothered to watch the game today.

I guess he's too busy with the Death Eaters now, Dian thought to herself grimly as she put aside her broom and began taking off her Quidditch robe.

She let out a long sigh as she tossed down her shirt on the ground, followed by her trouser. She then turned on the water on one of the showers, so she could give it some time to get warm before jumping in. But just as Diana reached back and began to take off her bra, she heard footsteps, walking into the locker room.

"No! Don't come in! Don't come in!" Diana yelled out with panic, but the person had already come to sight.

"Oh, God! I'm so sorry!" said the boy, quickly turning his back on her, though it was a little too late.

"Remus? What are you doing here?" Diana said, her heart still pounding in her chest with the feeling of shock as she quickly picked up the white towel she had set aside and wrapped it around herself.

"I — well, I wanted to come here and talk to you because I knew you're the only girl on your team and no one else would be here, so we could finally be alone — I didn't think I would walk in on you changing —"

"You didn't think I would be changing in the changing room?" Diana cut him off, laughing.

"W-well you usually take your showers back in your dorm," Remus said shyly, his back still facing her. "I thought you had just come here to put your broom in the broom closet."

"I wasn't really in the mood to go back to our common room. The Slytherin team would be too busy boasting around and being annoying little shits." Diana rolled her eyes. "It's nothing like the Gryffindor parties after your games, I assure you."

"Sorry again for barging in like this. I feel like I should've knocked first."

"It's fine. I just got scared for a second that it would be one of the Slytherin guys. But... I'm glad it was you and not somebody else."

"Right..." Remus said awkwardly and gave a small nod.

Diana smiled to herself, thinking of how adorable he looked when he got shy and nervous. But then, Diana bit her lower lip as a thought made its way over her head. Something that was very much unlike her.

With that, she took slow steps toward him and placed a gentle hand on his shoulder, slowly turning him around so he would face her.

"Remus, you do know that I'm your girlfriend, right?" She giggled when he saw how pink his cheeks had turned.

He chuckled, rubbing the back of his neck sheepishly. "Yeah, I'm aware."

"Good." She smiled, going on her tiptoes to place a kiss on his lips.

Remus wrapped his arms around her, bringing her closer to him and losing himself in the kiss. When she pulled away, he still had one arm around her waist, and with the other hand he reached out to move a strand of her curly hair that had fallen on her face, placing it behind her ear. He had never seen her hair look so messy, but he always thought that it somehow made her look even more beautiful.

Remus would smile uncontrollably just by looking at her. He just hated the fact that they couldn't spend much time together, afraid that Diana's fiancé would find out about them. From Evan Rosier's threats it was pretty clear that there would be consequences if Diana kept seeing Remus.

But Remus couldn't help himself. He didn't want to let her go. For once in his life, he wanted to do the selfish thing and keep on to her, just wishing to enjoy his moments with her as long as they would last.

With a smile still on his face, Remus leaned down to kiss Diana again, but before their lips could even touch, they snapped away from each other when a knock came at the locker room's door.

"Diana? Are you in there?"