Part 55

Sana's P.O.V. 

As I sat in front the mirror, getting ready for one of the biggest days of my life, everything seemed perfect. I never really sat and imagined this day but it came nevertheless and it was unexplainable. I wore a beautiful white chiffon saree with mirror work done on the blouse and border. I wore silver, matching earrings and some silver bangles. I did a neutral tone makeup look but paired it with a bold red lip. Like Sidharth liked, I left my hair open and straight and looked at myself in the mirror. I took a picture of my earring and sent it to tease Sidharth. 'I want to see your whole look,' he sent back. I smiled and sent one with my bangles. 'Now, one with you,' he said. I took one more with my ankles. 'Don't make me yearn no more. Send one, please,' he said. 'I'll see you in a half an hour,' I sent. 'You will pay for this,' he said. 'Let's see,' I sent and left my room. Reaching downstairs, I met Mom and she looked at me with her eyes welled up. "My baby, you are looking so beautiful," she said. She hugged me and rubbed some of her kajal off and made a dot behind my ear. "Your father would have been so happy today," she said. "Papa is with us Mom," I said. She nodded. We left and reached the venue. I only invited Abhi and his family from my side as I didn't want this too filled with fake people. All of my friends besides Abhi were absolutely fake and only friends with benefits. I wanted an intimate and private party with the people closest and dearest to me. As soon as we entered, all eyes fell on us. My eyes were fixed on Sidharth who wore a classic black suit with a white shirt and black tie. It accentuated his body and muscles, making him even more attractive and hot. After meeting everyone, I went to him. "Hey doc," I said awkwardly. "Hi," he said. 

For the first time, things felt awkward between us. Everyone stood and stared at us. That's why maybe. "Come and sit," the event planner said to us. We sat on the seat arranged for us and everyone went around, talking, eating and drinking. "You are looking absolutely fabulous," he said, "You literally took my breath away." "You too look absolutely handsome. I'm proud of my choice," I said. "All of this is only for you," he said. "This too," I said. Abhi came to us clearing his throat. "Hi," he said smiling, "Congratulations on your bravery." He shook Sidharth's hand. "Bravery for what?" Sidharth asked confused. "On marrying this mental patient," he said pointing me. I pouted. Sidharth chuckled saying, "What better pair can you find than a doctor and patient?" "Sidharth," I said glaring at him. Abhi giggled at me. He won't like anything else better than Sidharth supporting him in harassing me. "On a very serious note though," he said, "Sana is the best girl you will ever come across in your life. She is an all in one." I stood up and hugged him. "Thank you," I said. Breaking the hug, he said, "I'm going to eat all the cheesecake and I'll catch you back." I pouted and punched his arm. He left laughing and I sat back down. "You both are really best friends," Sidharth said. "Yeah, we are together since childhood so we're pretty close," I said. "He will be lonely after I take you away, won't he?" He asked. I looked at him and chuckled saying, "That's good. He will find a girl to keep him happy then. Just like I found you." I held his hand and intertwined our fingers. "Sid, Sana, come and eat first and then we will have the ring ceremony," Roopaji said coming. "Can't we have the ring ceremony first?" Sidharth asked. "No. There is still some time before the auspicious time," she said. "I'm not hungry," he said. "Me neither," I said. "Ok, suit yourselves. If the food finishes, don't blame us after," she said leaving. 

I took out my phone and called Abhi. Handing him, I said, "Take our pictures." He was more than ready and I sat closer to Sidharth and did all sorts of goofy faces while he sat looking at me as if I were mad. I hugged him in all different positions and finally sat on his lap. The photos were getting more and more romantic now. We went to the backdrop prepared especially for pictures and did some more romantic poses before Mom came and called us for the engagement. We went back to our seats. The pandit read some mantras and Mom did aarti and applied tilak on both of us. She handed him some gifts and then handed me the ring. Sharad gave Sidharth the box and I smiled at him. "Sana, put the ring on Sidharth's finger," Mom said. I held out my hand and he rested his on top. I slid the ring onto his finger and everyone cheered. "Sidharth, your turn," Mom said. He took my hand himself and Sharad exclaimed, "Balle! Balle!" He placed the ring on my finger and kissed my cheek, making me turn red in front of everyone. Everyone cheered happily and clapped and the music came on. As the Punjabi songs played, everyone got dancing with the bhangra dance group we hired. Sidharth was getting impatient to go and smiling, I said, "Go." He looked at me excited and held my hand, pulling me with him. We joined in the group and followed them, laughing at the top of our lungs at our mistakes and the fun everyone were having. Doing bhangra in a saree was not the perfect pair so I went to Roopaji and some other ladies and just danced normal while Sidharth couldn't seemed to leave the bhangra group. Everyone were having a blast until I saw Anita and some of my other 'friends' crashing the party. I frowned and went to them. Seeing me, they all yelled in excitement and hugged me one by one.