Chapter eighteen: lost but found

Dryden p.o.v

I slowly jumped from rock to rock trying not to take a dip in lava, each rock was getting smaller and smaller, soon we got closer to the center rock that to me was clearly bluey's head.

"This treasure better be worth it because if it's not then I'll be taking your head to Viggo" the bald guy stated with a chuckle.

"oh trust me it will." I said sarcastically as I climbed onto bluey's head, now all I needed is to call for bluey to help me, and everything will be okay.

When I looked back at my hostage takers I realized that the only one that came with me was the bald guy as his men watched from a distance.

"You know you guys are not smart," I said looking down at the bald man who was one rock away from bluey, he looked up at me with a confused face, "you see there is no treasure... Well except this girl" I stated stomping my foot on blueys head before blowing a whistle using my fingers.

For a moment the only thing that could be heard was my whistle echoing through the caves, then silence and more silence.

I quickly realized that bluey wouldn't listen to me unless I had Angel with me, and right now I don't know where she is, "oh... Hehe, would you believe me if I said it was a joke?" I asked the guy who now looked very pissed.

"NOO!!!" he shouted as he leaped onto bluey's head with both his swords in his hands, he looked at me with rage filled eyes as his face became red from anger.

I'm definitely in trouble, and I've just got myself stuck on bluey with no escape, and this dragon hunter wants me dead great, just great.

Hiccup p.o.v

I could see Angel was getting more and more agitated, when suddenly her ears spikes perked up, and started twitching around like she was hearing something.

"Hey Angel can you hear something?" I asked, but she just ignored me, instead deciding to speed up flapping her wings more, and becoming so fast that even toothless couldn't catch up with her but it makes sense, she's definitely older then toothless being the fact she is larger, and is an alpha dragon.

I could tell she was focused on getting to the peak of the volcano, so we followed as best as we could, but as angel got further away I realized that toothless was upset as he looked at her with love in his eyes.

"Oh You're still a bit sad about the rejection, huh bud? Just hold in there I'm sure if you get to know her she'll come around." I said giving some pats on his neck as he groaned in annoyance, but he pushed on following her up.

When she reached the top of the volcano she suddenly dived down into the hole that bluey the blue death and friend of Dryden made.

Dryden p.o.v

To say I was in trouble would be an understatement as I was dodging a flurry of attacks, on a medium-sized portion of bluey's head, "come on it's called buying time, and surviving." I said as he swiped at me again and again.

"Don't matter your head is coming with me NOW!!!" he shouted as he continued to swing at me.

"I swear if I ever get the chance to speak with Angel I'm going to inform her we are not doing early rides in the morning" I stated under my breath as I keep dodging his attacks.

Soon my skills were just not enough as he swiped at me, and I was forced to block with my arm slicing upwards and cutting hiccups clothing, "ah shit" I said as I stumbled back blood seeping from the wounds.

The bald guy chuckled as he enjoyed seeing my pain, "don't run just accept it, I'll assure you, getting your head lopped off isn't that bad." he said as he slashed at me and I was truly out of energy to dodge, so I doubt I'd be able to block, but it's better then dying.

so I tried to block, closing my eyes and looking away I waited for the pain to come.

That's when I heard something slam in front of me, then a gush of wind, and the sound of metal grinding on something.

When I opened my eyes I found in front of me was the familiar white outline of Angel, and she had caught the man's blade with her mouth which was causing the grinding sound, "Dryden!!" the voice of hiccup called as something landed behind me causing another gust of wind forcing me to turn around.

I wasn't surprised to see toothless, and Hiccup, if Angle is here then she most likely got the others to help as well, "are you ok?" Hiccup asked as he jumped off toothless and ran over to me.

"Yeah I'm fine it's just a cut," I said lifting my arm revealing that they were covered in blood, "it looks worse than it is" I joked, but before hiccup could reply I heard a struggle behind me.

When I turned I noticed the bald guy was running now missing a sword, and Angel was looking at me with a blood-covered sword in her mouth.

"Angel we may need to think about making a saddle," I stated as Hiccup came up beside me, his facial expression told me he was confused, "ok, before you say I told you so it was much different then just I fell, Angel was doing some fast maneuvers." I said Hiccup smiled cheekily as he knew he'd won an older argument.

"Also when did you have an arch nemesis?" I asked, crossing my bloody arms.

"Now is not the time for those questions can we please head back to treat your arm." Hiccup stated, and I sighed before climbing onto angel and petting her.

"Thanks girl, I knew you'd get help." I said as I scratched her neck, she happily accepted the scratches even wagging her tail.

Hiccup then climbed onto toothless, and we both took off leaving bluey to sleep in her larva bath.

Meanwhile outside it seemed we had a bunch of gronckles that were free while the boat was making its way to wherever it came from, and the other dragon riders were here.

"Ugh ... Getting those gronckles home will be hard." Hiccup said as we slowly glided in their direction

"I can't believe it was only about a week ago since that war happened here but you wouldn't believe it happened." I said as I looked down at the island, dragons happily eating fish they had caught below us, then I remembered during that battle Hiccup and toothless both saved me during it.

"I never actually thanked you two for saving me ... I don't know what happened after I was knocked out, but I'm betting it was one of you so ... Thanks for saving me." I stated knowing that they have done a lot for me.

I never thought my life would change from being the white ghost on the ghost dragon, but now I feel happy, also something else grew inside whenever I looked at Hiccup it we this warmth but I'd just shake it off.

The flight back was long due to gronckles being so slow and the fact that we had to stop multiple times didn't help but after a day or so the gronckles were back on their island and we were able to fix up my arm, it felt like this won't be my last injury but I didn't care if it was for helping hiccup I'd take any wound.

Author note (August 27 2023)

Yeah so I removed the picture cause I'd prefer you guys use your imagination, so just as a reminder Dryden has white hair, blue eyes, pale skin and armour made from the shed scales of Angel.

And I have changed the writing style a lot and hope to update other chapters too.