[ 𝟎𝟒𝟑 ] . . . 𝐌𝐚𝐜𝐞?

┌───────────────────┐
☂︎☂︎☂︎
└───────────────────┘

Y/n breathed out as she watched the memory play out, slowly turning to her brother with sad eyes as he looked down. "He did all of that?"

Mace nodded and kept his eyes down as he lifted a hand to wipe his face.

Y/n heard the boy sniffle as she turned back to his younger self. "Fuck him."

Mace nodded as he gave Hargreeves a dead look. "Fuck him." Mace turned around to the wall and motioned his sister to turn the same way.

Y/n turned her body and the setting changed to the Sparrow Academy basement. "Wait . . . so how'd you get here?"

Mace shrugged as he placed his hands in his uniform pocket. "I don't even know. I haven't been able to find out yet."

The two watched as they saw a group of five kids and a cube surround Mace as he was on the ground. Mace wore his Umbrella Academy uniform and blinked multiple times to regain himself.

"Sad. He's not dead," stated the girl with black hair. That girl was Jayme. She was younger, they all were, assuming they were around the age of ten.

"Are you okay?" a younger version of Marcus leaned down and held a hand out for the boy to take.

Mace's eyes widened as he shuffled away and hid in a corner. He curled his knees to his chest as he wrapped his arms around the base of his legs, holding his head down as he began to shake.

"Oh, great," a younger Alphonso spoke. "Spooked him already."

Fei chuckled and moved closer to the boy, calmly and carefully, saying, "It's all right. We're not going to hurt you." she held out a hand as she introduced herself, "I'm Fei. That's Marcus, Alphonso, Sloane, Jayme, and Christopher," the young girl pointed to each of them as she spoke.

Christopher beeped as he shook himself and turned a different color, Marcus gave a wave as Fei smiled softly, Sloane gave a wave and a smile, Jayme crossed her arms and glared, and Alphonse gave a peace sign saying, "Sup, dude."

Mace was hesitant to speak. "Hello."

He lifted his hand slowly and placed it into Fei's, connecting the handshake as he felt the warmness of her palm. They raised their hands up and down like one normally would and he gently let go and resided his hand back.

Loud footsteps were heard coming into the room which was revealed to be Reginald. He wore a blue suit and his monocle sat near his eye like usual as he stepped forward toward the children. They all turned toward him and watched as he came closer to the group.

Reginald glanced down at the youngsters. "What are you all doing down here? Having a field trip of some sort?"

Jayme scoffed as she crossed her arms with attitude. "If we were, we wouldn't have invited you anyway." she rolled her eyes as Alphonso high-fived her.

Reginald clenched his jaw as he looked over the children, stopping behind Fei when he noticed the boy curled up in a ball. "Look what we have here." Reginald moved the kids out of the way and came close to Mace.

He leaned down to a knee and put a hand out,  wanting to move toward his face, but Mace drove his head back as he glared at the man, turning his eyes blue as electricity flowed through his body.

Reginald threw himself back slightly as his eyes widened. "Extraordinary . . . " the old man gasped as he watched Mace turn his eyes back to his normal e/c shade.