Chapter 12

She stood there watching everybody typing away on their computers. It was a big open working space, desks separated by glass partitions. At the back she could see the wall covered with windows from ceiling to ground and beyond that - a small smile came on her face - was the might towers and the other towers in the area. Everybody seemed so engrossed in their typing and programming. She took a few steps smiling awkwardly. Wasn't there someone to show her around?

She scratched her head before looking at her watch. I'm not late, am I?

"Newbie over here!" She turned to the source of the voice, her eyebrows shooting up at the sight of a man with a..

She forced her legs to move and her face to stop twitching. Uh.. what the.. she smiled shakily.

"H-hello s-sir!" He is a sir right?? SHIT!!

"I had an urgent meeting so I couldn't immediately meet you. I'm Watanabe Fuji. I will be your supervisor."

She kept staring with wide eyes before shaking her head quickly and bowing down. "I'm Shana Keir— I mean Shane Keira! It's nice to meet you sir." He nodded before he walked gesturing for her to follow.

She blinked, a perplexed look on her face. She let out a breath before following, half listening to what he was saying. "He's a dog.." she muttered under her breath in shock.

"Excuse me?" She flinched as he turned looking with narrowed eyes.

"I- uh nothing. Just uh admiring the place.. ahaha.." his face relaxed a bit but his eyes stayed narrowed as he turned. He has a dog face! She shook her head. Nonono I shouldn't judge. This is normal here. Yeah just act normal.

"So, the job is simple. You'll be training for the first weeks. I want to see your skills. After that, the work will be assigned to you accordingly woof!" She clapped her hand over her mouth snorting.

Did he just say woof?! She was shaking trying to control her laughter as they walked. It was easy to stop laughing though when the corner of a desk hit her side. "Shit!" She held her side, her cheeks puffing up in pain.

"What happened newbie?" He turned concerned.

"N-nothing sir. Let's continue please.." that's what I get..

He showed her a communal area and then led her to a desk separated by a glass wall from another similar desk where a red haired girl sat with headphones on her ears typing in front of two computers.

"This is Maezawa Akako. If you need anything you can ask me or her."

"Th-thank you." She stuttered, her mind still not accepting the dog face. I feel like I insulted him. She shook her head let's just focus on the new job! She sighed before putting on a friendly smile and turning to her new colleague.

"Hi I'm Shane Keira." The girl didn't turn. Maybe she didn't hear me.. Keira knocked on the glass and still no response. She sighed before turning to her desk. A minute later she stuck a sticky note on the glass written on it:

Nice to meet you, I'm Keira :)

She turned on the computer and took out her notebook. Hours went by and soon it was lunch break.

Knock knock.

She turned to find a sticky note on top of hers with the red haired girl looking at her from the side.

Join me for lunch, Keira :P

She grinned before nodding. They went in silence. It wasn't long before Keira decided to break it. "So, I'm Keira! But you already knew that huh.." she scratched her head before smiling, "so how long have you been working here?"

The red haired girl blew a bubble of her gum before looking at her squarely. "One year. What's the biggest place you've hacked?"

"Oh that's gre— wait what?"

"I've already seen your CV and you Americans are adventurous. Spill newbie." Her mouth dropped at the red haired girls mischievous grin. "Don't make this boring now, Keira."

They sat down both taking out their lunch. "I didn't hack anything"

A raised eyebrow greeted her.

"Really! I don't hack stuff. You know that's.. illegal."

The girl in front of her looked more bored by the second. Another eyebrow raise.

Is that like a pressure tactic or something??

"You sure newbie?" Keira nodded with an innocent wide smile. "100% sure?" She nodded again. The red haired girl grinned and Keira felt a shiver run down her spine. "Fine."

Keira kept her smile that seemed more of a grimace now. What the heck is wrong with her? She sighed lowly before taking a bite off her sandwich. I'm tired already.. I wonder what Tencchan is doing..

"Akakooo stop it with your testing shit!" A man with black hair in a pony tail and green eyes said making her jump.

"Nobody hacked anything" he winked at Keira, "am I right?"

***

Tenko had woken up finding a note on his bedside table with his All Might figurine.

Good morning Tencchan :)

I put some breakfast on the table for you. I have work today so I won't be home till five. Have fun and stay safe!

~Keira

He placed the note down before walking outside and finding breakfast on the table. He sat down, palms coming together, before he started eating. It was empty in the house.

Tencchan, let's play together!

He looked up finding nothing.

TENKO! He flinched, his father's voice this time ringing in his ears. His hands scratched his neck a bit. It had been so long since he did this habit. When he was with Keira-nee the itching stopped.

He looked at the clock on the wall before sighing at the 11:00 that greeted him.

***
"This is the first time you asked me to do this All Might." The man said surprised. The hero sat down his bangs going down and his form becoming less noticeable.

"I know but this is important Nighteye. I need you to read her future. I need to make sure they're both safe from him."

Sir Nighteye hadn't gotten over the shock of the number one's heroes' guests when All might asked him to read her future. "Are you sure they're not spies? That she's not working for All for One."

All might looked up surprised, "no I don't think so. She's telling the truth Nighteye."

She looked so sad and scared. She glanced at Tenko before looking at him, "Look, I don't know when, I don't know where, I don't know how I'll go. I've risked a lot of things coming here but it's all for him." She ruffled her hair, "Didn't think I was such a sap, but.." she glanced at the boy fondly, "I will take care of him as much as I can but then.." Keira looked at All might squarely, "..It will be your turn. All for one might be looking for him."

"I just need you to meet her." He smiled dryly before he said the next words "She's way too stubborn to listen.." he looked at Nighteye, "so I want to make sure she's safe before I let her and Tenko go back to their normal life more."

Nighteye looked at All might before nodding with a sigh.

"Fine but All Might, don't exclude the possibility that she might be working with him. Keep in mind I'll also be checking for that." The hero nodded reluctantly.