𝒐𝒏𝒆 , the vanishing of will byers

chapter one , the vanishing of will byers

━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━

Dear Diary,

It's official, I'm the world's best babysitter. At least, according to Joyce Byers who has me stay at her house when she's gone. That's when I take care of her son, as well as his three best friends. They're pretty tame kids. They play their board game or the occasional video game. I let them stay up late and we have our own little parties. They think Will's really cool for having me as his babysitter (I think Dustin has a crush on me). Will and I get along, for the most part, which is fantastic. It's his brother who doesn't like me.

Okay, to be fair, if my mom hired a babysitter who went to my school, was in the same grade as me, and was even in my math class, I'd also not like my babysitter. It's not my fault Jonathan sucks at watching his brother! I'm here to watch Will, get paid, and ignore Jonathan at all costs.

I was supposed to be babysitting tonight, but Will went to his friend's house and Joyce said I'd be fine staying home. So, that's what I did.

Okay, that's definitely not what I did.

Also, I totally lied about ignoring Jonathan.

Kennedy Theroux fell back onto the mattress, sighing as she did. A figure landed next to her, letting out heavy breaths. He turned toward her, looking at her features as he did. "You won't say anything, right?" The teenage boy asked as he looked a the girl with auburn hair.

She turned to look at him, raising a brow. "Jonathan, have I said anything the last three weeks?"

Jonathan sat up, pulling the blanket over his lower half as Kennedy slid out of her bed. She picked up a pair of shorts, sliding them over her legs. "No, but I'm just checking." He assured the girl as he looked toward his work clothes on the floor. The girl slid on a shirt, and he paused. "Is that mine?" He asked. Kennedy looked down, pulling at the fabric.

"I think so." She deadpanned as she walked over. Jonathan watched as Kennedy climbed back onto the bed, straddling his lap as she ran her fingers through his hair. "Why? Do you want it back?" She asked with a teasing smile.

His hands rested on her bare thighs as he leaned toward her. "Not anymore." His lips pressed against hers. Her hands were on his face as he embraced her touch. She was addicting like a drug but sweet like candy. And her body melted into his so easily, he just couldn't get enough.

"You should get going. Will's probably home by now." Kennedy said as she slowly pulled away from his kiss. Jonathan groaned, leaning back onto the bed in frustration. Slipping off of him, Kennedy lands on the mattress and trails her hand down his chest. "I'd say you could spend the night, but-"