Chapter 37

"Thanks. I know I was." He nodded and turned away. I could see the boiling rage in his eyes that were barely hidden trough the cap he pulled as far into his face as he could as I was directly in front of him.

Finally, Max had finished congratulating the team and walked towards me. "What did he say?" he said shooting daggers at Hamiltons back.

"Congrats on P1 Maximus. If you say anything rude, I will kick you where the sun doesnt shine now get that sweat off you you disgusting pig." I smiled.

"Yes ma'am." He rolled his eyes and pulled his helmet off.

After the interviews we headed to the podium and after we sprayed our champagne we went to the debriefings before spending the night celebrating with the team. To say the least I was wasted but I had the time of my life travelling the world and working with all of them.

The weekend was over, and I stepped back into my duty as a reserve driver. The only difference was that I would be joining the team in Italy and Russia to make sure Checo had a good start, and his broken leg was well enough to drive.

After spending the week in the factory, we headed off to Monza. The atmosphere was great, and the fans were more dedicated than anyone I've ever seen.

The weekend started off great as I didn't have to do press and I was just in the garage and the motorhome going over data and strategies and bickering with the team.

Race day came around and Max and Lewis were in their usual fight for the better position when the infamous Monza accident happened. I think it was all over any news page that covered sports.

I bet we didn't expect a McLaren double podium when the season started but to say the least, I was almost as happy for them as I was the last time Max and I got a 1 and 2.

After the whole Press conference and debriefings, the guys had I found Lando sitting on the ground behind the McLaren motorhome. He was just smiling to himself staring to the ground.

"Taking it all in huh?" I smiled sitting down next to him.

"I can't believe I did it." He whispered his smile getting even bigger.

"Well, I told you so." I said smiling at his profile, "and Im so proud of you for pulling through."

"Thank you, Lex." He looked over at me.

"You drove the car today. I had nothing to do with it. What are you even doing here? Have fun with your team. Get drunk and celebrate and everything!"

"Come and have a drink with us!" he suggested scrambling to get up.

"No its your party. Yours and Dannys. I dont think Im a good fit there." I smiled following him.

"Just for one drink. For me?"

"Fine but then Im leaving." I gave in and followed him to the other side of the motorhome.

While waiting for him to grab his stuff I saw Daniel walking by.

"Danny! Congrats! Im so happy for you!" I cheered.

"Thanks." He smiled and hugged me tightly.

"Do you want to come and celebrate with us?"

"Lando invited me, but I'll only be staying for one drink. Its your party and I have to pack my stuff before I leave tomorrow."

"Going back to the factory already?"

"No. Im going home. I'll be in England on next Monday. I'm only the reserve driver so I don't have that much to do." I smiled thinking of my family.

"Oh, come on. Please. Stay a little bit longer. Ill pay for your flight on Tuesday or even Monday evening. Just stay? Lando will be so happy if you did."