Chapter 11: Playing daddy

Ezra, Colby's beloved. There was not much more that could be said than that. Perhaps a thousand more lines of unadulterated romantic proclamations. That the moon and stars could be Ezra's if only he asked Colby for them. That Colby went to sleep looking at him then continued to dream of him until the sun rose again and he could see Ezra's face once more. He loved him more than anyone else he'd ever known, and if they were to ever part, he knew he would never love like that again. They were made for each other, of that Colby was sure.

Ezra's happiness was his own happiness. Thus, as Ezra blinked away tears with his head in Colby's lap, Colby felt physical pain to see him like that.

Ezra had told him everything.

"He just-" Ezra took a moment to steady his breath, "he kept phrasing everything like it was for my sake. That he kicked me out for my own good, that he had good intentions all along. I don't know whether he's just trying to justify what he did in retrospect or whether he actually believes he was helping me. Either answer just makes me feel so shit."

"Well, you know it's only the first session. Things will probably become more clear as it goes on." Colby wiped away a stray tear that managed to slip down Ezra's fair face. "Do you still want to carry on the sessions?"

"Why is it so hard for me to have a dad?"

Colby wasn't sure what to say to that. It was whispered into the air in a moment of weakness that Colby could not understand. His poor Ezra. Colby had never had to question his parents love for him, it was expected, a privilege he never realised he had until he'd uncovered the harsher reality his dear Ezra and best friend Sophie lived through. It was a love that not even Colby's heart, so full with its devotion to Ezra, could fulfil for him.

There were so many types of love and it hurt that Colby couldn't be all of them at once for Ezra.

Unless...

"You deserve everything in the world. If things work out with your dad, that's great. If it doesn't, you were too good for someone like him anyway."

Ezra nodded his head, smiling up at Colby.

Colby ran his thumb across Ezra's lips, who looked puzzled by the action. "You want to play catch with daddy... son?" Colby winked at him suggestively.

Colby was expecting a horny response. Ezra to respond with his own sexy quip and rip off his clothes and they'd go at it like the beasts in heat they usually were.

Instead, Ezra didn't find Colby's words sexy or irresistible. He laughed. No he howled in laughter, gripping his sides as tears rolled down his face as his eyes squeezed shut. "What? Why did you call me son?" He managed to say between fits of laughter.

"Why are you laughing at that? You normally love the whole daddy thing. I just thought I'd take it to the next logical step." Colby slapped a hand on his heart as he indignantly announced: "I'm the daddy now."

"Oh, are you?" Ezra looked him up and down, slightly biting his lower lip.

That was more like it!

"But, I thought you didn't like using daddy?" Asked Ezra.

"It's just weird because it's my dad's name."

Ezra's jaw dropped. "I think you've ruined it for me too now."

Colby drew a cross on his forehead. "I have healed you, my son."

"How do you do that?"

"How do I do what?"

"I can never feel sad when I'm around you."