#18 Mr. Stanton

[A WEEK AGO]

Ian Stanton steps out of the shower naked. Water trickles down his toned abs and thick legs like shimmering glycerine and pools around his feet on the floor.

He grabs the towel from the back of the chair in his room and wraps it around his waist. Then he takes out the cigarette box from his hung pant pocket and lights up a cigarette between his lips.

He's upset, angry and unsatisfied. The two girls he had sex with before weren't enough. In fact, lately, Ian can't seem to have a good fuck with anyone. And he knows why.

There was a time he used to hate Daisy. They were kids, and everyone in the gang, including Ian's father, Thomas Stanton, praised Daisy for being so smart, whereas Ian was constantly reprimanded.

But then, it changed. He started to like working with her. He loved talking to her. He savored his wet dreams of sleeping with her.

Ian taps the cigarette butt and puffs out smoke. He smirks. He can't believe he's going out of his mind because of a girl. Just a puny orphan girl his father had picked up from the street. A girl who had stabbed him in the back and ran away.

But it isn't the money she stole he wants back. It's his sanity. Each day she's not around Ian feels like he would go berserk. He wants to see her. Hear her voice again.

Ian had been desiring Daisy for a very long time now. She never returned his feelings, and because she still had the favour of Ian's father, Ian couldn't touch her. She was protected.

But that was beginning to change as his father started falling ill, and little by little Ian was taking control over the gang. However, she ran away before he could get to her.

He'll catch her soon, though, he thinks. And he'll make sure to mark her his and bind her to his bed so she can never leave him again.

A man in a suit arrives at Ian's room.

Ian says, "Found anything?"

"No, sir," the man says, "we're still looking through the search areas Liam had marked. I'm here to inform you we've a guest who wants to see you."

"Who?"

"Patrick Penston. Alpha Christopher Penston's son."

One of Ian's eyebrow lifts subtly as he looks at the man. "Sounds something interesting enough to distract me for a while. I'll be down soon. Take him to my office."

The Stantons gang has always kept their business off the pack lands, especially the territories belonging to strong packs like the Raketrope Grounds, run by Christopher Penston.

That doesn't mean Ian is unaware of what's happening in those packs. He has his eyes and ears reach as far as they could.

Ian is well aware Christopher is soon to pass on his title. And he has heard there are not one but two possible heirs going after it.

After getting dressed, Ian goes to his office at the ground floor.

As soon as Ian enters, Patrick stands up and nods. "Mr. Stanton."

"Sit down, Patrick. You can call me Ian."

Patrick's jaw clench. He didn't like the fact that Ian took the liberty to address Patrick by his first name. But he lets it slide. A rogue or not, at the moment, Ian is the one who is socially ranked higher than Patrick.

Ian takes his seat behind his desk with a smile. Even though he has no interest working with pack wolves, it's always entertaining for him to see them yield to him.

"Is there anything I can help with?" Ian says.

"I'm sure you're aware of my pack."

Ian nods.

Patrick continues, "I'm looking to take the title after my father. But there's another candidate. We both recently received a task of capturing rogues from Croway. Whoever does it well gets a big boost. However, the rogues are proving to be a bit difficult to locate. I want to ask your help to track them."

"Does your father know you're asking for my help?"

"I'm not a fucking little boy who needs my father's permission for everything. Besides, I'm not asking you a favour. I will pay, for your work and your discretion. Name your price."

"Boy, I don't think you can afford me," Ian says.

"Try me."

"Fifty thousand," Ian says, "And that's just the advance."

Patrick leans back on his chair dejected. He didn't expect that. "I guess this is what someone gets trying to work with a criminal."

"Crime is expensive, kid," Ian says.

Patrick stays quiet, trying to think how to put together that much money.

Ian says, "Or we can make another deal."

Patrick looks up. "What?"

"When you become the Alpha, my men get to deal at the east of your pack's border."

"Drugs?"

"Drugs, weapon, women, whatever I want. They won't step inside your pack land. Just at the border. Ten percent will be your cut."

Patrick knows his father would never approve of such things anywhere near their pack land. But Patrick is fine with it, and when he becomes the Alpha what he says goes. "Deal."

"And if you don't become the Alpha?" Ian asks.

"I will," Patrick immediately says.

"I'm going to need more than your word. I'm not about to send my men to work on something with no guarantee of profit."

"But I've nothing to give you now."

"You can still be of help to me. You see, I need some information on some of the business deals of Croway's Alpha, George. All you need to do is to ensure some of my men are sent in along with the captured rogues to Croway. My men will take care of the rest."

"They won't cause any trouble?"

"They'll be quick with their work. No one will even know they were there."

Patrick sighs. "Alright. That's a deal."

Ian smiles. "Good. Happy to serve a future Alpha. Just send me everything you have on the rogues. I'll have my men bring them to you."

"No, they shouldn't capture them. It's best if my men and I do that ourselves. I just need their locations."

"That's even easier. I'll have my men start on it as soon as you send me the list."

"Can they get me their live locations?" 

Ian leans back on his chair. He would've said yes right away to any kind of work like this if Daisy was here.

Ian picks up the landline receiver on his desk and calls Liam. "Can you trace and fetch someone's live location?"

Liam takes a moment before confirming he can.

Ian puts down the phone. "You'll get a message when we get the location."

Patrick grins. He's going to beat Nate in the race to catch the first rogue.

🗳 Vote on your favorite chapters