XLIV - Hibernate

"Can I come in?" I pout in Jere's doorway.

"Are you gonna poke me more?" He puts his hands up in defense.

"No," I laugh.

"Okay." He smiles.

I close the door behind me and sit down on the end of his bed.

"What's going on?" He asks, sitting up and scooting over to me.

"I've never been in a relationship, hell I've only had one crush other than you guys." I say, looking at my hands. "But you have, and I just don't want to," I pause, looking for the words. "Bore you, I guess?" I look up through my lashes at him.

"Bore me?" He asks with a smile, wrapping an arm around me. "Never."

I smile, "I just don't want to do the whole 'girlfriend' thing wrong. I really like you." I admit the last part quietly.

He grabs my chin and pulls my face up to his.

"Me too," He says before kissing me.

When we pull away he holds onto me and brings me down to the bed with him. I adjust myself so my head is laying on his chest.

Him having his arms wrapped around me like this makes me feel safer than ever before.

***

I feel something lightly touching my side. I flutter my eyes open to see what it is but I hear, "Good morning." Which takes my attention.

"Jere?" I ask in a hoarse voice.

A blurry figure moves a piece of hair out of my face.

"Yep," His voice is hoarse too.

"What time is it?" I ask.

"4:00" He chuckles.

I move with his warm chest.

"pm?" I ask.

"No, am. It's tomorrow."

"Wha-" I look out the window and surely enough, it's in that dark with a twinkle of morning shed through the sky.

"We fell asleep." I state.

He nods slowly.

I hear his stomach growl under me. We didn't have dinner last night.

Honestly my stomach agrees.

"Well we got plenty of sleep." I say, "Might as well wake up now, muffin run?"

"Always." He smiles.

Getting out from of the covers and away from his body heat was torture but the thought of a nice fluffy muffin kept me going.

"Can I go change? I want something comfy." I ask, looking down seeing that I'm still wearing what I saw Shayla in.

"Go for it, I wouldn't mind changing either." He says.

I walk to my room to go change.

I find it funny that I'm changing out of day clothes and into pjs to 'get ready' for the day.

***

(your outfit, but you're free to imagine your own)

***