47: Tattoos?

We stop at McDonald's to get Mcflurrys. On one of those crazy days when I would not get out of bed, his Tesla came and he gets to eat his Mcflurry while driving, we also have tried to have sex in the car, too much work, the back seat is fun but front seat is torture. He also bought me a white Audi Q8, did he ask what car I want? No, I just woke up to breakfast made by him and Khanyi with a box, I thought he was proposing but he bought me a car.

I love the car, I also like the colour, Black is his colour and I like white, it just made sense. If he did ask me, I would have told him the car is too expensive which is why he just bought it.

"I have been thinking, how about we spend some time just us two?"

"We have to go back home," I do not like being away from Khanyi

"We could call Thati and see what she thinks and we could go do things."

"Fine," he dials her number after my retort, his phone is connected to the car "Thati, Kai and I need to do a few things, would you be able to look after Khanyi for a few more hours?"

"Yes, Ms Molapo but I need to be back home before six pm."

"Thank you, Jelly bean, we will be back by then." That is my nickname for her because she is obsessed with jelly beans. "Okay, Mr Ludwig, where to first?"

"Tattoo parlour."

"So this is a things-Kaiser-doesn't-get-to-do?"

"No, I want to get a tattoo and I want you to pick it so whenever I look at it, I will think of you." Honestly, he is so sweet, how did I get so lucky to have a man so in love with me?

"Okay, I want you to do the same."

"Really?" He turns to look at me, in amusement not shock

"Yeah, I want to look at it and think of you. But there is not that much space on you so I don't know where..." In my defence, even his neck has two tattoos

"You can joke without hurting my feelings."

"I am sorry baby but it's true, I will, however, make a plan, don't worry."

He stops outside a parlour and it looks good. It does not look dodgy or dirty. I always imagined tattoo parlours looking everything but sterile, hygienic and classy. He walks in before me, holding my hand, fingers interlaced, I love when he does that, it makes me feel protected and I can fight someone off but to know someone has your back, is a great feeling that I hope never goes away.

"Kaiser!" They holler, there are three people getting tattoos done and one getting their ear pierced

"Hey guys, this is my girlfriend, Kamo." I wave as they greet me, a guy comes forward, shakes Kai's hand before going to a book, he takes out a pen and looks at Kai before speaking

"So what are we doing today?"

"She is choosing the first one that I want and I also want a snake on my finger." He nods before looking at me

"He picks one of mine," He nudges at me annoying me until I look at him

"Pick a good one, please?"

"Yeah, I got you." I am handed the book of designs and I start flipping through the pages, his hands stay on my hips but he starts swaying me side to side.

"But how are you?" The guy asks Kai

"I'm good, we had a kid so I am a dad now." They holler and congratulate us

"Being a parent is the best job in the entire world. Girl dad or..."

Kai cuts him off "Girl dad."

He goes first, an infinity sign with my name and Khanyi's in the holes. It looks cute, they are not making it big but it is larger than I intended. I chose under his collarbone, he said it is okay, he barely showed any discomfort, the benefits of having a million tattoos.

"So is this her name?"

"Yeah." He confirms as the tattoo guy starts tattooing khanyi's name. "I would have gotten the tat earlier but toddlers are demanding." 

"So who is taking care of her now?"

"We have a nanny," I answer

"At least you have help, my spouse and I when we adopted our first, we were all over the place."

"He could barely work, he was always tired." A lady says as she sits on the chair,

He also chose to get a snake wrapped around his finger, it looks cute, sexy I will not lie.

It was my turn and he chose a bear, animated minimalist bear with Kai written on its shirt, he choose my upper left arm, as the guy starts the outline, he starts talking to Kai.

"I want to choose one," I whine into his ear

"Go ahead, we have tons of time." I chose a marigold flower on my left wrist I show it to him and he smiles before commenting "That is cute."

He pays before we head out and go to the store. He wants to buy a few things, he said he has the day planned but if there is something I want to do, I should tell him so we can do it.

He takes the large trolley and we walk into the snacks aisle. He asks that I pick three snacks. Cheese Doritos, a large packet of jelly teddies and jumbo marshmallows, he got his usual packet of pretzels, lays and Skittles.

"Can I take another one?"

"Yeah, three was the minimum." Ohh, I take the biltong cheese dip, sour creme dip and two boxes of crackers. "That's it?" I nod and he starts moving.

"We need milk and more juice, Khanyi finished the last bottle today."  He nods before we look for the milk and juice.

He got paper towels, wipes and serviettes. We get to the fruits and vegetable aisle and he picks a few fruits.

"Can you get me mango?" He nods and gets me the large tray of Mango and watermelon. When we were done he went to pay. There is no use trying to pay, he will always insist.

When we walk out of the store, there is a woman selling flowers outside the store. He asks that I hold the trolley.

I head to the car and start offloading the bags into the car. He leans on the edge of the car, I turn to look at him and I notice the flowers he is holding.

"For you." I would have melted into a warm puddle if I was made of ice.

"Baby, this is so cute." I get on my toes and place a kiss on his cheek. They are roses and peonies. He finishes putting the bag in the car. "This is so cute, I love you."

He drove home, I still can not get over the flowers. He always does these cute things for me, I should do something nice for him.

We get home and I head to Khanyi and Thati while he offloads the groceries.

"Hey, Thati, thank you for staying longer, are you sure you had nothing planned?"

"Yes, Ma'am. See you tomorrow." she places a kiss on Khanyi's forehead before leaving.

"Kamo, I have to go help Zale with something I will be back in an hour." He says from downstairs.

"Okay, come back safe."

"Okay." When I know he is gone, I call Sibo over to plan something for Kai and I.

I hope he likes it.

*****

We are nearing the end of their journey🥺